Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
WTT: Zpacks Hexamid Solo + cash for SMD Skyscape X
Display Avatars Sort By:
Rich J
(PNWhiker) - F

Locale: Pacific NW
WTT: Zpacks Hexamid Solo + cash for SMD Skyscape X on 03/16/2013 15:27:32 MDT Print View

Well I realize this is a long shot but I thought I'd throw the idea out there in case someone is in need of extra cash. I'll trade my Zpacks Hexamid Solo Cuben Fiber tent with extended beak, plus the Zpacks Cuben groundsheet plus the Zpacks Carbon fiber pole + cash for your Six Moon Designs Skyscape X. Your weight (without the pole) would actually decrease slightly (according to the manufacturer's specs) from 15 ounces for the Skyscape X down to 13.4 ounces. And, your wallet would fatten by an amount to be negotiated.

I purchased the Hexamid from another BPL member from the Swap. It is in nearly new conditions but does have a very small hole in the netting where the previous owner poked the hiking pole. The tent is factory seam sealed.

Here are the details on the Hexamid from their web site.
Hexamid Solo tent with extended beak. 10.7 ounces - $360
zpacks Cuben groundsheed - 2.7 oz, $95
48" carbon fiber tent pole - 1.5 oz $22
(full retail on the set $477)

PM me if interested.

Cheers.

John Abela
(JohnAbela) - MLife
Re: WTT: Zpacks Hexamid Solo + cash for SMD Skyscape X on 03/16/2013 16:50:31 MDT Print View

What color is the shelter?

Is the shelter bonded or seamsealed?

Rich J
(PNWhiker) - F

Color on 03/16/2013 18:05:52 MDT Print View

Hi,

The shelter is the light green color.

I don't see any seam sealer residue so I presume it is taped. I could send you a photo of a seam if that helps.

Rich J
(PNWhiker) - F

Updates on 03/26/2013 16:49:00 MDT Print View

I'm still looking. Also, I'd like to add that I'm open to simply purchasing your Skyscape X in case you are not interested in the Hexamid.