Forum Index » Gear Deals » Local Wally World carrying Mountain House

Display Avatars Sort By:
Kat Pink
(KatPink) - M

Locale: Midwest
Wal-mart Outdoor Products 1 liter canteen/bladder on 03/25/2013 12:36:52 MDT Print View

Well, I made it out to wal-mart to pick up a package of Coleman brand meals to try but apparently I'm too late. All of the Coleman foods have been replaced by Mountain House. Sort of bittersweet. I'm glad MH is back on the shelves but I missed out on trying the Coleman. Oh well.

On a different note while there I noticed that Outdoor Products came out with a 1 liter platypus style of canteen/bladder with the push pull cap. They might have been around for a while but I just noticed it. At a little over $2.00 I decided to pick one up just for the heck of it. After I got it home I took off the caribeener that came with it and weighed it. It came out to just over an oz. Not too shabby. Going to keep using my platypus bags because I have them but the Outdoor Products version seem to be a viable contender.

Phillip Asby
(PGAsby) - M

Locale: North Carolina
Platy bags on 03/25/2013 12:49:26 MDT Print View

I saw those OP platypus style 1L bottles as well - didn't pick one up but will have to keep it in mind since I have none of those style and could use one or two.

I also saw a new OP coffee press. It's a nice little size and cheaper than the GSI javapress - interesting design as well with an outer cup and an inner sleeve with the mesh screen at the bottom. It's compact but the inner sleeve design and overall steel construction make it, well, not particularly lightweight.

Edward Zwibel
(YetiEddie) - MLife

Locale: Sunny San Diego
+1 Costco on 03/26/2013 15:52:05 MDT Print View

Costco has the case here in San Diego as well. And the carbon fiber trekking poles for $25. Nice prices!