Hi everyone. Haven't posted on here since last summer. First, let me say your advice and guidance on my last trip was excellent. Thank you.
Last summer I hiked the full Sierra High Route in July solo. Completed the route at a comfortable pace in 17 days including 9 major summit side trips along the way. It truly was a trip of a lifetime. Made me a better man and provided me with memories and experiences that will stay with me forever.
This summer I'd like to do something similar, but with a smaller budget of time. I have around 10 days or so, probably in August. This trip will also be solo.
I am looking for ideas for a rugged, gorgeous, challenging, rewarding, uncrowded, and unique trip.
* I'd like the trip to be 50%+ off trail/cross-country or at least on trails that are pretty empty
* A pace between 14-24 miles per day (depending on altitude and terrain)
* Opportunities for summits either on the route or on side trips
* Terrain should be cl3+ or less (no ropes)
* Gorgeous scenery
* Uncrowded and isolated
* Large percentage of trip above or near the tree line
* Open to flying to get there (I live in NH)
* Doesn't have to be in the USA, but can't be too far (flight cost)
Thanks in advance for the feedback and ideas. Love this forum.