WTB trekking poles for tent
Display Avatars Sort By:
Jenna Cangialosi
(jennacangialosi2) - F - M
WTB trekking poles for tent on 03/10/2013 04:14:08 MDT Print View

So I just bought a tent that needs to be set up with trekking poles and am looking for some cheap poles. They don't have to be great. I hate hiking with poles so just want them for the tent, but I would prefer that they be lightweight.

J R
(JRinGeorgia) - F
then why get trekking poles? on 03/10/2013 05:51:23 MDT Print View

If you hate hiking with poles then why get them? If all you need to do is hold up your tent, most makers of such tents offer optional tent poles that are lighter than trekkers.

Kevin Manley
(manleyk) - F - MLife

Locale: Denver-ish
BD Ultra Distance? on 03/10/2013 10:14:40 MDT Print View

I have some BD Ultra-distance carbon poles. They are the 120cm length. How about $70 shipped?

Kevin

BJ Clark
(bj.clark) - MLife

Locale: Colorado
Re: WTB trekking poles for tent on 03/10/2013 10:52:43 MDT Print View

Go to bear paw designs and take a look at his poles from Easton. Light and not expensive.

John S.
(jshann) - F
Re: BD Ultra Distance? on 03/10/2013 11:44:40 MDT Print View

Do not buy non adjustable trekking poles like the BD offered unless you know exactly what length you need.

Kevin Manley
(manleyk) - F - MLife

Locale: Denver-ish
BD Trekking poles on 03/10/2013 15:55:34 MDT Print View

The previous poster is correct; the BD's have little in the way of adjustment. It's just whether the lock is engaged or not, so 2-4 inches. They are the correct height for a Golite Shangri-La 1, if that helps.

Kevin

James Colascio
(jcolascio)
Costco on 03/10/2013 17:13:05 MDT Print View

Costco has a set of carbon fiber poles for $26 at 8 oz each. But Zpacks and MLD and other sites sell poles which are lighter and depending on the site, can be cut to order.

Jon Fong
(jonfong) - F - M

Locale: FLAT CAT GEAR
Re: WTB trekking poles for tent on 03/10/2013 17:17:26 MDT Print View

I do not use trekking poles. When I bought my Tarptent Rainshadow II, they offered aluminum poles (~$10) an weighed only a few ounces. Best regards - Jon