November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Death reminder
Display Avatars Sort By:
Daryl and Daryl
(lyrad1) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest, USA, Earth
Death reminder on 03/09/2013 09:02:49 MST Print View

One of my favorite neighbors died the other day. I've known him for 33 years. We would only see each other every few months but I miss him more than I thought I would.

A few days ago I heard he was receiving hospice care and planned to visit him one more time. He died before I could make that visit.

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: PNW
Re: Death reminder on 03/09/2013 10:15:29 MST Print View

Sorry to hear about your neighbor Daryl, and a very good reminder.

Ben 2 World
(ben2world) - MLife

Locale: So Cal
Re: Death reminder on 03/09/2013 11:28:31 MST Print View

Sorry... and thanks for the reminder not to take life, people, things, etc. for granted.

Diplomatic Mike

Locale: Under a bush in Scotland
. on 03/09/2013 11:44:16 MST Print View

My ex-wives uncle took a Paracetomal overdose about 4 days before Xmas. This was a few years ago.

He awoke from his drunken slumber in hospital. His first words were 'thank god i'm alive,' as his OD was only a cry for help.

He didn't understand that Paracetomol had alread killed his insides. He died on xmas day.

Travis Leanna
(T.L.) - MLife

Locale: Wisconsin
Re: Death reminder on 03/09/2013 23:01:05 MST Print View

I had a friend. We were high school friends. After graduation, we went on our ways for years without contact.

Last year, I saw his face on the news. He was a cop, and was gunned down by some nut job holding hostages in a house. He was 29 years old. He left a wife and a child that was too young to know him.

Sorry you lost a friend, Daryl.

Ian B.

Locale: PNW
Re: Death reminder on 03/10/2013 08:30:35 MDT Print View

So sorry for the loss of your friend. This is a poignent reminder of how precious and brief life is.