Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Death reminder
Display Avatars Sort By:
Daryl and Daryl
(lyrad1) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest, USA, Earth
Death reminder on 03/09/2013 09:02:49 MST Print View

One of my favorite neighbors died the other day. I've known him for 33 years. We would only see each other every few months but I miss him more than I thought I would.

A few days ago I heard he was receiving hospice care and planned to visit him one more time. He died before I could make that visit.

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: MidAtlantic
Re: Death reminder on 03/09/2013 10:15:29 MST Print View

Sorry to hear about your neighbor Daryl, and a very good reminder.

Thanks.

Ben 2 World
(ben2world) - MLife

Locale: So Cal
Re: Death reminder on 03/09/2013 11:28:31 MST Print View

Sorry... and thanks for the reminder not to take life, people, things, etc. for granted.

Diplomatic Mike
(MikefaeDundee)

Locale: Under a bush in Scotland
. on 03/09/2013 11:44:16 MST Print View

My ex-wives uncle took a Paracetomal overdose about 4 days before Xmas. This was a few years ago.

He awoke from his drunken slumber in hospital. His first words were 'thank god i'm alive,' as his OD was only a cry for help.

He didn't understand that Paracetomol had alread killed his insides. He died on xmas day.

Travis Leanna
(T.L.) - MLife

Locale: Wisconsin
Re: Death reminder on 03/09/2013 23:01:05 MST Print View

I had a friend. We were high school friends. After graduation, we went on our ways for years without contact.

Last year, I saw his face on the news. He was a cop, and was gunned down by some nut job holding hostages in a house. He was 29 years old. He left a wife and a child that was too young to know him.

Sorry you lost a friend, Daryl.

Ian B.
(IDBLOOM) - MLife

Locale: PNW
Re: Death reminder on 03/10/2013 08:30:35 MDT Print View

Daryl,

So sorry for the loss of your friend. This is a poignent reminder of how precious and brief life is.