Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
WTB: MYOG materials
Display Avatars Sort By:
Christopher *
(cfrey.0) - M

Locale: US East Coast
WTB: MYOG materials on 03/08/2013 15:30:54 MST Print View

I am just getting started making my own gear and I am still too sheepish to order and work with brand spanking new expensive materials.

Before I conjure up the guts to order a kit from Thru-Hiker, I am looking for any left-overs/left for dead projects at affordable prices that a novice MYOG'er can use to practice and/or completely screw up without having his wife yell at him for being wasteful. Yeah. I've got one of those.

SilNylon, WPB, down, patterns, etc.

Thanks!

Angus A.
(mangus7175) - F

Locale: http://theshadedtrail.blogspot.com
Re: WTB: MYOG materials on 03/08/2013 16:58:05 MST Print View

Here you go...not my sale but at these prices, they'll go fast

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=69449

Edited by mangus7175 on 03/08/2013 17:24:11 MST.

Keith Crosby
(kcrosby) - F
Re: WTB: MYOG materials on 03/08/2013 17:13:43 MST Print View

I don't know if this helps or not because I am very new to all of this as well, but I just went to an REI yard sale a couple weeks ago and picked up a tent for $9 and a big agnes footprint for $4 that had some damages to them. I had no intention of using them for those purposes, but I figured the material had to be worth at least that much. I don't have a use for them yet, but I am still learning. They were more opportunity purchases to take advantage of later.

Eric Lundquist
(cobberman) - F - M

Locale: Northern Colorado
Re: WTB: MYOG materials on 03/08/2013 17:44:17 MST Print View

Take a look at DIY Gear Supply.com. They've got some pretty good prices on their 2nds material. I've purchased from them before and their descriptions of their 2nds fabric have been spot on.

Christopher *
(cfrey.0) - M

Locale: US East Coast
Re: Re: MANGUS on 03/08/2013 20:25:11 MST Print View

Shoot!
This was perfect, but I wasn't fast enough checking back here and it is all gone in a clean sweep.
Thanks for the heads up though, Mangus.
I know now to keep an eye on Hammockforums.

Thanks too for the suggestions Keith and Eric.

Edited by cfrey.0 on 03/08/2013 20:26:56 MST.