Forum Index » Gear Swap » Need junk for church youth trip

Display Avatars Sort By:
Jason Johnson
(etex9799)
Need junk for church youth trip on 03/07/2013 09:37:10 MST Print View

Looking for sleeping pads that can be repaired, packs that are old that you may not want or need repairs that you may not have time to do. Taking youth group of appx 12 kids into 3 day Ozark trip, of course none of them have anything. Not someone trying to get some gear and sell it thats why I am just strictly asking for stuff that you may have that you really dont want to fool with or think its worth fooling with..if I can get it to work for 3 days we will all be thrilled. Trying to get some kids away from Ipods and television but just dont have enuff gear of my own. I have enuff to outfit my daughter (she has her own) the other Adult that will be going with us and 1 other kid.

Thanks

Elijah Ziemann
(MrBlondyable) - F
Re on 03/07/2013 09:46:41 MST Print View

Are you looking to buy gear or asking solely for donations?

Robert Jones
(rjones07) - M

Locale: San Diego
Update on 03/07/2013 09:53:14 MST Print View

Good project and GOOD luck.

Please include your shipping address.

Jason Johnson
(etex9799)
Youth Junk on 03/07/2013 10:22:45 MST Print View

Of course we are looking for some donations of which I will pay shipping, but not opposed to given a few bucks for something that can be repaired and used. If we decide not to go again I will "Pay it Forward" will all donated items to the next person that on this site that is need of items for like cause.

Thanks a mil.

jj

Seth Brewer
(Whistler) - MLife

Locale: www.peaksandvalleys.weebly.com
Consider a Retail Sponsor on 03/07/2013 10:47:51 MST Print View

You may try to go into a local outdoor retailer that rents gear (REI) and see about a "charity" donation of free 3 day rentals, or at least a significant discount....It would be worth your time. You never know until you ask.