Forum Index » GEAR » "New product that radically shifts how backpackers approach field hydration"

Display Avatars Sort By:
Brandon =Þ
(Beeen) - MLife

Locale: California
Re: NEW Re: New product that radically shifts how backpackers approach field hydration on 03/06/2013 20:59:28 MST Print View

"It's a 2300 miles hose..."

I almost slipped off my chair laughing at that.

Travis Leanna
(T.L.) - MLife

Locale: Wisconsin
Re: New product that radically shifts how backpackers approach field hydration on 03/06/2013 21:00:16 MST Print View

It's a mini dehumidifier that constantly collects water all day while you hike. One set of CR123s will last 7 days worth of daylight.

Just slept with Sawyer's CEO. I know everything.

Edited by T.L. on 03/06/2013 21:01:38 MST.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: New product that radically shifts how backpackers approach field hydration on 03/06/2013 21:34:17 MST Print View

Rehydration enema? That's gonna be a tough sell.

Franco Darioli
(Franco) - M

Locale: Melbourne
New product that radically shifts how backpackers approach field hydration on 03/06/2013 21:35:56 MST Print View

Just slept with Sawyer's CEO
next time see if you can remain awake so as to have some more detailed info for us.

Travis Leanna
(T.L.) - MLife

Re: Re: New product that radically shifts how backpackers approach field hydration on 03/06/2013 21:36:15 MST Print View

>Rehydration enema?

Not as bad as it sounds, really. Wait. er.....nevermind....

Hikin' Jim
(hikin_jim) - MLife

Locale: Los Angeles, CA, USA
Re: Re: Re: New product that radically shifts how backpackers approach field hydration on 03/06/2013 21:44:49 MST Print View

No wonder they're discontinuing Hydropel...

HJ
Adventures in Stoving

Ben 2 World
(ben2world) - MLife

Locale: So Cal
Re: New product that radically shifts how backpackers approach field hydration on 03/06/2013 21:59:34 MST Print View

@ Travis, who wrote, "Just slept with Sawyer's CEO. I know everything.".

Is your avatar really saying Gay Tweet Again ?? Something is wrong with you, Travis. Something is very wrong with you! :)

Travis Leanna
(T.L.) - MLife

Re: Re: New product that radically shifts how backpackers approach field hydration on 03/06/2013 22:00:25 MST Print View

no no no, it "Say Tweet again!"

(Pulp Fiction--great movie)

Justin Baker
(justin_baker) - F

Locale: west coast best coast
Re: "New product that radically shifts how backpackers approach field hydration" on 03/06/2013 22:03:48 MST Print View

It's a new filter than pumps 10% faster and weighs 50% more.

Craig W.
(xnomanx) - F - M
New product that radically shifts how backpackers approach field hydration on 03/06/2013 22:07:20 MST Print View

I hear Sawyer has been working with Ray Jardine to develop Ray-2-O(TM), an all-organic water product that can be made at home with Ray's kit for only $149.

Originally created to hydrate Ray's "Way of Life(TM)" grains, Ray-2-O(TM) has been trail tested over thousands of miles and proven to be both healthier and more cost-effective than standard water. Cut out the middle man!

Combined with Ray Sleep(TM), Ray Walking(TM), and other Ray Way(TM) gear kits, Ray-2-O(TM) had been clinically shown to increase daily mileages, decrease fatigue, and reduce dependency on major name-brand retailers and manufacturers. And perhaps most importantly, it has been proven effective at making Ray and his wife enough cold, hard cash to undertake their next adventure: circumnavigating the globe in a homemade hot air balloon fueled by Ray Potatoes(TM...Coming soon).

Travis Leanna
(T.L.) - MLife

Re: New product that radically shifts how backpackers approach field hydration on 03/06/2013 22:21:09 MST Print View

Craig, F'ing brilliant.

Jason G
(JasonG) - F

Locale: iceberg lake
lint on 03/06/2013 22:33:27 MST Print View

Maybe the channeled Lint's magic wand jedi technique seen here

http://www.opb.org/programs/ofg/segments/view/1821

(skip to 1:50)

Eric Blumensaadt
(Danepacker) - MLife

Locale: Mojave Desert
Beer... on 03/06/2013 22:37:56 MST Print View

Pray God it is "instant beer". Say as many Hail Marys as you see fit.

Ben 2 World
(ben2world) - MLife

Locale: So Cal
Re: New product that radically shifts how backpackers approach field hydration on 03/06/2013 22:45:14 MST Print View

I know, I know!! They're coming out with a purifier where hikers only need field hydration first thing in the morning -- and then the system will purify and turn output back into input (to put it delicately) -- no more need to obtain additional water (unless you want to) all through the day and into the next! There.

Max Dilthey
(mdilthey) - M

Locale: MaxTheCyclist.com
Small Sawyer on 03/06/2013 23:59:28 MST Print View

Think it's possible to shrink the current Sawyer Squeeze to a cap-size? Maybe it's that?

Sorry if I shattered the stream of jokes. Wait, not sorry... ;D

Dale Wambaugh
(dwambaugh) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest
Re: Re: New product that radically shifts how backpackers approach field hydration on 03/07/2013 00:58:29 MST Print View

It is hiking staff that will make water come from rocks and has multiple use features to part oceans and bring a series of plagues to other campers who annoy you.

Moses

Miguel Arboleda
(butuki) - MLife

Locale: Kanto Plain, Japan
Re: New product that radically shifts how backpackers approach field hydration on 03/07/2013 03:34:49 MST Print View

Intravenous Kidney Filter?

Save weight by using your own kidneys* instead of a separate, artificial filter. Includes optional, portable mini-dialysis machines for use in industrial areas.

*kidneys not included

John Donewar
(Newton) - MLife

Locale: Southeastern Louisiana
No Joke ;-) on 03/07/2013 04:47:18 MST Print View

This was on their website this morning and touted as "Our Newest Product". ;-?

http://www.sawyer.com/video-squeeze.html

$59.99 from Sawyer's online store.

https://www.sawyersafetravel2.com/more.asp?pid=226

..."includes 3 pouches (12oz, 16oz and 32oz) that can be reused hundreds of times. A larger 2 liter capacity bag is also available".

Party On,

Newton

Gerry Brucia
(taedawood) - MLife

Locale: Louisiana, USA
Revolutionary New Hydration Product on 03/07/2013 05:06:58 MST Print View

I am so disappointed. I have been waiting for someone to develop DEHYDRATED WATER for such a long time!

USA Duane Hall
(hikerduane) - F

Locale: Extreme northern Sierra Nevada
Revolutionary New Hydration Product on 03/07/2013 06:49:30 MST Print View

Dehydrated water? That was in cans, on the shelf in a gas station east of Austin, NV back in the late 60's.
Duane