Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Pack Less be More BPL blog
Display Avatars Sort By:
Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Pack Less be More BPL blog on 03/03/2013 08:34:39 MST Print View

So what is your opinion of this undertaking?

I thought I heard that Ryan had months worth of content for it. Yet no update since December. Coincides with the whole packraft Kickstarter thing.

Wonder if this idea was worth it.

Hardly any comments on the content that is there.

Anyone here check it out?

Curious that when there is new content there that not one word is said about it here.

spelt with a t
(spelt) - F

Locale: SW/C PA
Re: Pack Less be More BPL blog on 03/03/2013 09:17:31 MST Print View

I have been checking it semi-weekly and just did so this morning, actually. It seems like a failed/forgotten venture. The posts that are there aren't really tied together. There needed to be a more specific vision of what "Pack Less, Be More" meant, and I don't think there ever was. There also should have been promotion of the contributors and their topics of interest, to give people an idea of the writers behind it and what sort of content and style readers could expect. And there should have been lots of content lined up and post promos to encourage traffic and comments, which as you pointed out, has clearly not been the case.

I tend to give promising but currently disappointing sources of reading material 6 months to improve before I write them off for good. PM,BL is about 2/3 of the way there and it's not looking hopeful.

Edited by spelt on 03/03/2013 11:19:46 MST.