Forum Index » Gear Swap » FS: Kelty Red Cloud 90L Backpack, Medium/Large

Display Avatars Sort By:
Max Dilthey
(mdilthey) - M

Locale: MaxTheCyclist.wordpress.com
FS: Kelty Red Cloud 90L Backpack, Medium/Large on 03/02/2013 11:43:25 MST Print View

For Sale:

Kelty Red Cloud 90, size medium/large. Highly adjustable.

One-inch hole in the mesh hipbelt pocket, carefully sewn shut. I also cut out the strap inside the lid that enabled it to be used as a fanny pack. Otherwise, the pack is in flawless condition with no abrasion, tears, rips, blown seams, or even dirt. It's in great shape.

Asking $90, shipping included. I will ship it boxed, in a trash bag, with paper padding inside to prevent damage from water or crushing.Kelty Red Cloud

Note: Picture shows the pack in January. The 1-inch white line on the hipbelt is the sewn tear.

Edited by mdilthey on 03/21/2013 18:44:44 MDT.

Max Dilthey
(mdilthey) - M

redacted on 03/03/2013 08:33:13 MST Print View

redacted

Edited by mdilthey on 03/09/2013 10:35:23 MST.

Max Dilthey
(mdilthey) - M

Price Drop on 03/09/2013 10:35:59 MST Print View

Asking $90 instead of $100!

Max Dilthey
(mdilthey) - M

Price Drop! on 03/11/2013 22:04:52 MDT Print View

I'm looking at this pack and it's in such awesome shape. If you need a new hauler, this is a good time to grab it!

Edited by mdilthey on 03/21/2013 18:45:15 MDT.

Ben 2 World
(ben2world) - MLife

Locale: So Cal
Re: Price Drop! on 03/11/2013 22:10:11 MDT Print View

Not saying it won't sell, but this is an ultralight forum....

Have you tried Ebay? Bet there are a lot more campers and trad. hikers over there -- and Kelty is a well-known brand for trad. hiking/camping backpacks. Also, if you don't need the money, I think April and early May is when people start shopping for summer camping.

Max Dilthey
(mdilthey) - M

Hmm.. on 03/11/2013 22:12:47 MDT Print View

I don't need the money. I'm daunted by eBay because of non-paying buyers, having no track record to prove I'm a nice guy, and the idea of getting scammed since I'm unfamiliar with it.

As cheesy as it sounds, I trust BPL, and I'd rather help a BPL'er. I've seen load haulers get sold before, since everyone needs one pack for going on trips with a non-camper or kids.

I'd dig on advice for e-Bay, if you're into dispelling my myths?

Ben 2 World
(ben2world) - MLife

Locale: So Cal
Re: Hmm.. on 03/11/2013 22:19:32 MDT Print View

Actually, nothing wrong with selling at a steep discount -- if all you want is to help out a fellow hiker.

As for EBay -- I think just like with killer bears in the backcountry and terrorists in foreign lands -- the media will hype actual happening's beyond all proportions! I have bought and sold hundreds of items on EBay (not a pro -- strictly casual) -- and I've had exactly one seller cheating on me. I paid 99 cents for a VHS that never showed. I've also had exactly one buyer reneging on me -- but since I don't ship until payment received, no actual loss incurred. Still hit him with a big fat negative though. All things considered, EBay is pretty darn safe -- but do take common sense precautions.

As for being a new seller on EBay? Well, we all start out as newbies. No big deal. Do a good write up -- disclose the good and the bad (if any) -- and include good photos. Folks can tell sincerity and distinguish the good from the bad.

Hopefully, myths dispelled?

Edited by ben2world on 03/11/2013 22:24:17 MDT.

Max Dilthey
(mdilthey) - M

Still Scared of Strangers on 03/11/2013 22:33:45 MDT Print View

Once, my brother tried to sell a virtual game character using my debit card because he was too young to have one. I made a Paypal account, let him use it, he was immediately scammed and the scammer, once caught, reported my brother (re: me) for fraud. So, I was kicked off paypal permanently.

It took 5 hours of calls to Customer Service, six years after the original incident, to get to a manager who would listen to my story and make a judgement call. Paypal account restored in full.

Now, my job literally pays me through Paypal. I am a freelance writer, and without paypal, I'd be without a job.

My fear is that I put the wrong zip code on a package by accident, and my account gets flagged by some impatient guy for fraud, and I lose my job.

:P

Edited by mdilthey on 03/11/2013 22:34:23 MDT.

just Justin Whitson
(ArcturusBear) - M
what about craigslist? on 03/11/2013 22:47:36 MDT Print View

I've sold some gear through craigslist, and think it's a good way to go. You can actually meet up with the people and ask for cash. I'm with Ben, chances are, most here are not going to want a heavier pack. In any case, best of luck with your endeavor.

Max Dilthey
(mdilthey) - M

Craigslist on 03/11/2013 22:48:50 MDT Print View

Sold a bike there once, highly successful. Thanks for the idea! I'll do that.

Justin Baker
(justin_baker) - F

Locale: west coast best coast
Re: Hmm.. on 03/11/2013 22:52:40 MDT Print View

As long as you include delivery confirmation or tracking, then you are good on ebay. The buyer can't claim that the item never arrived and get their money back if you have proof that it arrived. It works even better when you print a shipping label directly off of paypal for that specific ebay item.

Kevin Manley
(manleyk) - F - MLife

Locale: Denver-ish
Comfort load? on 03/12/2013 12:28:06 MDT Print View

What's the max comfort load for this beast?

Max Dilthey
(mdilthey) - M

Comfort on 03/12/2013 14:05:34 MDT Print View

I took it to 60 without trouble, but I only went about four miles. The fat lady seems to sing at around 40. The comfort is very good all around.

Max Dilthey
(mdilthey) - M

Price Drop! on 03/13/2013 15:04:22 MDT Print View

Dropping price to $90!!

Edited by mdilthey on 03/21/2013 18:46:05 MDT.

Kevin Manley
(manleyk) - F - MLife

Locale: Denver-ish
Trade offer... on 03/13/2013 20:14:08 MDT Print View

PM sent

Max Dilthey
(mdilthey) - M

Still for sale! on 03/21/2013 18:42:23 MDT Print View

Still for sale! Check it out.