Matt, I also live in the southeast. I looked over your gear list and I have a few suggestions:
1. The trekking poles that you are carrying (Leki Poles= 14.8 oz) are pretty heavy. If you want to lose a lot of weight, I would suggest buying the Gossamer Gear Lightrek poles. They only weigh like 5 oz PER PAIR!
2. Since the Helios is really a wind jacket, why not get some wind pants instead of the waterproof pants. Wind pants would be 2 oz lighter. Check out Montbell's wind pants. Another option is to just drop the rain pants all together. I personally don't care if my legs get wet but that is just me.
3. If it is just you going backpacking, I mean if you are tenting by yourself, why do you need a 2 person tent? Choose a tent that is 1 person and that will drop the weight considerably.
4. Do you really need an 8 segment sleeping pad? You can make it torso-sized by cutting a couple segments off of it. That could save you a couple of ounces. Better yet, buy a Gossamer Gear Thinlight Pad and save several more ounces.
5. If you want, buy the Gregory G pack. It is smaller and lighter. If you want an even lighter option, Check out the Gossamer Gear packs.
6. If it's not going to rain, don't take a pack cover. Gossamer Gear sells a waterproof, lightweight pack liner.
7. If you want a lighter stove, try buying an alcohol stove. They are much lighter, depending on which one you buy, and you don't have to haul around those heavy canisters. If you want to go even lighter, buy some Esbit Tablets. They only weigh .5 oz each and each one burns long enough to boil a liter of water.
8. If you want a lighter utensil, consider picking up a plastic Taco Bell Spork (.1 oz) or a strong, plastic Boston Market spoon (.1 oz).
9. Instead of the Bic lighter, try buying the Bic mini (.5 oz) or buying some waterproof matches with a relighting birthday candle (.3 oz)
10. Your Pur Hiker filter is quite heavy (11 oz). Try buying either Aqua Mira (.5 - 1 oz) or Katadyn MP1 Tablets (hardly anything!)
11. If your mug has a handle, why do you need a pot lifter? Drop the pot lifter all together.
12. I live in Arkansas and I have never had a problem with bears. If you have also never had problems with bears, I would suggest dropping your bear bag system.
13. If you want a lighter option for lighting, drop the Princeton Tec Scout and buy a Micro Photon mini light (.2 oz)
All of these adjustments will save you a considerable amount of weight.
P.S.- Which part of the Southeast do you live in?