November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
WTB: 50ishL Pack
Display Avatars Sort By:
Matt Keenan

Locale: In the Mountains in the clouds
WTB: 50ishL Pack on 02/28/2013 13:59:27 MST Print View

Hi there I'm looking for a sub three pound pack with hip belt pockets out side mesh pocket(or somekind of pocket that I can toss a wet tarp in) as well as being bear canister compatable. A pack that could utilize my 3/4 length z-lite pad a part of the suspension (SMD) would be nice but is not a must. My base weight is 12lb's. Thanks for your time.

Kevin Schneringer
(Slammer) - MLife

Locale: Oklahoma Flat Lands
MH Thruway 50 on 02/28/2013 14:07:32 MST Print View

I have 2 of these and they are great. No frills just light. I fold a section of my Zlite pad and use as frame and it is right at 2 lbs.
Plus they have role tops so they expand out to about 60+L I usually end up Carrie one of my girls sleeping bags in very top.
It is good as long as you stay under 25 lbs total.
I usually carry 18 including daughter's stuff.

You can cut and strip it and get to 1.8 lbs if you don't mind mod's.

Matt Keenan

Locale: In the Mountains in the clouds
RE:MH Thruway 50 on 02/28/2013 18:16:36 MST Print View

No doubt that the thruway is a super clean pack, and the fact that you can fit a part of a zlite in there make it that much better, also like the removable hipbelt. But its not the pack for me thanks for the offer though.