Forum Index » GEAR » New montbell site

Display Avatars Sort By:
David Lewis
(davidlewis) - MLife

Locale: Nova Scotia, Canada
Re: Re: Code analysis action on 04/23/2007 10:31:58 MDT Print View

Wow. I was extremely skeptical that I had anything to do with this... so I went to the Montbell site and took a look. The code is exactly that same. Nothing has changed. Did you run that recent Mac OS X update? Maybe there was something in that which changed Safari's behaviour. Anyway... cool that it's working now in any case.

kevin davidson
(kdesign) - F

Locale: Mythical State of Jefferson
Montbell code changes (?) on 04/23/2007 11:16:20 MDT Print View

David, the only OSX update I've run lately was a security patch. Would that have influenced the browser behavior in this case?

Eric Noble
(ericnoble) - MLife

Locale: Colorado Rockies
Re: Re: Re: Code analysis action on 04/23/2007 11:34:00 MDT Print View

I haven't run the latest update yet. Something changed...I went to Montbell's site at home and at work and it now works when it didn't before and neither of my machines have changed. Someone must have sacrificed a rubber chicken to the coding gods :).

Joshua Mitchell
(jdmitch) - F

Locale: Kansas
Re: Re: Code analysis action on 04/23/2007 11:46:46 MDT Print View

"I just went to the Montbell site using Safari and the tabs appeared and worked. I'll betcha someone really appreciated David's code!"

Yay! I wonder if David can score some free gear? ;)

David Lewis
(davidlewis) - MLife

Locale: Nova Scotia, Canada
Re: User Noise+Code = Action on 04/24/2007 18:02:25 MDT Print View

FYI... just for this from Montbell:

"David,

Thank you for your feedback. Last week was week #1 for our new website, and as you can imagine we expected a few bugs here are there. I believe that the MAC Safari issue has been repaired. Please let me know if you have any additional comments or questions.

Thank you"

Ben 2 World
(ben2world) - MLife

Locale: So Cal
Re: Re: User Noise+Code = Action on 04/24/2007 18:30:48 MDT Print View

Good job, David! Good response from MontBell as well.

Remember when GoLite last updated its website and how absolutely idiotic everything was -- and how long it took them to make changes???