Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
WTB: Kids Gear both boys & girls, need bags, pads & pants
Display Avatars Sort By:
Thomas C
(wgonfan) - F
WTB: Kids Gear both boys & girls, need bags, pads & pants on 02/25/2013 08:59:02 MST Print View

I'm trying to outfit my niece & nephews for an upcoming backpack trip. I'm afraid if I leave this up to thier parents that they will show up in blue jeans, flip flops and a large & heavy sleeping bags. But I don't want to drop the $$ for brand new gear all on my dime either.

If any of you guys have some Kids gear you are willing to part with I'd be happy to buy them from you (I'm not asking for freebies).

Heres is what I need:

1 kids sized backpack around 40L
3 kids sleeping bags (2 boys & 1 girl)
3 sleeping pads
Trekking poles??
Boys hiking pants in with 30" waist & 30ish inseam
Girls pants in 10 or an 8 if the run big.
Boys pants size 14 or 15
Anything else you may think they need.

I'm not picky on the size's so if you have something close let me know.

Thomas C
(wgonfan) - F
prolite clearance on 02/26/2013 14:23:19 MST Print View

I picked up 1 sleeping pad on clearance at gander mountain so I'm only needing 2 more of those. But I mainly wanted to past along the clearance that I found... Gander mountain had/has the red therma-rest Prolite small pads on clearance for $19.

Luke Schmidt
(Cameron) - MLife

Locale: The WOODS
Ideas on 02/26/2013 15:53:57 MST Print View

Here are some ideas
kids sized backpack around 40L - How big is the kid? How much will they carry? If they are carrying a small load you might just get them a bigger day pack or book bag.

3 kids sleeping bags (2 boys & 1 girl) - Dicks Sport Goods sells the Quest Eagle Peak 30 bag for $29. Its rated to 30 degrees (probably optimistic) and weighs 2 lbs 2oz. You could look on Amazon and other sites for better deals but that looks pretty good to me. Eureka is another company making cheap bags.

3 sleeping pads - Cheap blue foam from Walmart. Or check Campmor for deals on Prolites.

Trekking poles?? - Proabably not needed unless its really rugged. They can always pick up a dead stick and us that.

Pants - Have them wear athletic shorts or windpants made of nylon. Pick up a pair for $5 at a goodwill store if necessary.

Rain Gear? - Do you have this already? If not could you get away with a cheap plastic poncho? Not the disposable ones but the heavier ones.

Thomas C
(wgonfan) - F
thanks on 03/02/2013 11:52:18 MST Print View

Thanks for the info luke. I'll check into some of the options. I'll be honest, I was hoping to get higher quality gear that has been used as opposed to buying the lower quality new stuff for about the same price.

Zachary SCOTT
(Zach)
stuff on 03/02/2013 12:13:41 MST Print View

Thomas I have some stuff you may be interested in. I will PM you with the details.