November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Display Avatars Sort By:
Eugene Smith
(Eugeneius) - MLife

Locale: Nuevo Mexico on 02/23/2013 22:29:21 MST Print View

Has this blipped your radar yet? No? Here you go.

Check it out. It's worth your time.

Edited by Eugeneius on 02/23/2013 22:30:33 MST.

Craig W.
(xnomanx) - F - M
Re: on 02/24/2013 00:00:45 MST Print View

Good stuff Eugene.

I don't ride too much anymore, save for going to the grocery store or running errands around town. My daughter loves MTBing, so I do get out on short rides with her in local canyons.

But nothing serious.

This is the first thing I've seen in a while that makes me want to get back onto the bike...

I've got a decent road bike as well as a hardtail from my XC days long ago. I haven't touched either one in a long time. Somehow I just I prefer riding my Nishiki beater MTB these days.

What I really crave one bike that can do it all. I'm strongly considering trying to sell both of them to build a geared, rigid 29er (probably a karate monkey also), but setting it up so it would be equally at home commuting 20 miles one way to work, riding mellow singletrack/dirt, and touring.

Anyhow, thanks for sharing...So much to digest on that site.

Jason Elsworth
(jephoto) - M

Locale: New Zealand on 02/24/2013 00:49:28 MST Print View

Thanks Eugene - great stuff. We have a similar publication just about to come out here in NZ

My Surly Ogre has arrived and I am already planning my first bikepacking over nighter. I hadn't ridden off road for about 18 years, but on my first ride it was all instantly familiar. Once I let some air out of the tires (bike shop had them up to the max)the Ogre was great fun to ride.

I got myself a revelate harness on sale and am going to strap a dry bag to the seat post. I am then going to use my GG Gorilla with the frame out, and some compression cord to make it a bit smaller, and I will be good to go for short trips. I also managed to get some top of the line bike shorts at a heavy discount and even on my short rides they have been most appreciated.

Casey Greene

Locale: upper rattlesnake
New Bike Travel Publications on 03/06/2013 10:04:18 MST Print View

Good stuff all around. As far as I'm concerned the more bike travel publications, the better.

Link .
(annapurna) - MLife
Re: on 03/06/2013 10:16:57 MST Print View

You have probably seen it already but I really like this blog about his biking all over the world,and here .I see that he(Cass Gilbert) is a contributor to the the publication which doesn't surprise me,thanks for the link.

Edited by annapurna on 03/06/2013 10:21:54 MST.