Forum Index » Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » Bunyanvelo.com

Display Avatars Sort By:
Eugene Smith
(Eugeneius) - MLife

Locale: Nuevo Mexico
Bunyanvelo.com on 02/23/2013 22:29:21 MST Print View

Has this blipped your radar yet? No? Here you go.

Check it out. It's worth your time.

http://bunyanvelo.com/

Edited by Eugeneius on 02/23/2013 22:30:33 MST.

Craig W.
(xnomanx) - F - M
Re: Bunyanvelo.com on 02/24/2013 00:00:45 MST Print View

Good stuff Eugene.

I don't ride too much anymore, save for going to the grocery store or running errands around town. My daughter loves MTBing, so I do get out on short rides with her in local canyons.

But nothing serious.

This is the first thing I've seen in a while that makes me want to get back onto the bike...

I've got a decent road bike as well as a hardtail from my XC days long ago. I haven't touched either one in a long time. Somehow I just I prefer riding my Nishiki beater MTB these days.

What I really crave one bike that can do it all. I'm strongly considering trying to sell both of them to build a geared, rigid 29er (probably a karate monkey also), but setting it up so it would be equally at home commuting 20 miles one way to work, riding mellow singletrack/dirt, and touring.

Anyhow, thanks for sharing...So much to digest on that site.

Jason Elsworth
(jephoto) - M

Locale: New Zealand
Bunyanvelo.com on 02/24/2013 00:49:28 MST Print View

Thanks Eugene - great stuff. We have a similar publication just about to come out here in NZ http://www.inspiring-riding.co.nz/.

My Surly Ogre has arrived and I am already planning my first bikepacking over nighter. I hadn't ridden off road for about 18 years, but on my first ride it was all instantly familiar. Once I let some air out of the tires (bike shop had them up to the max)the Ogre was great fun to ride.

I got myself a revelate harness on sale and am going to strap a dry bag to the seat post. I am then going to use my GG Gorilla with the frame out, and some compression cord to make it a bit smaller, and I will be good to go for short trips. I also managed to get some top of the line bike shorts at a heavy discount and even on my short rides they have been most appreciated.

Casey Greene
(caseygreene) - M

Locale: upper rattlesnake
New Bike Travel Publications on 03/06/2013 10:04:18 MST Print View

Good stuff all around. As far as I'm concerned the more bike travel publications, the better.

Link .
(annapurna) - MLife
Re: Bunyanvelo.com on 03/06/2013 10:16:57 MST Print View

You have probably seen it already but I really like this blog about his biking all over the world,and here .I see that he(Cass Gilbert) is a contributor to the the publication Bunyanvelo.com which doesn't surprise me,thanks for the link.

Edited by annapurna on 03/06/2013 10:21:54 MST.