Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Brimmed Hat that actually breathes (not Tilley)
Display Avatars Sort By:
Randy Martin
(randalmartin) - F

Locale: Colorado
Brimmed Hat that actually breathes (not Tilley) on 02/21/2013 17:03:54 MST Print View

Anyone recommend a fully brimmed hat that breathes? I have a Tilley LTM6 and find that it doesn't breath well at all. Ideally, the entire upper part of the hat would be mesh except the flat part directly over your head.

Seth Brewer
(Whistler) - MLife

Locale: www.peaksandvalleys.weebly.com
LTM8 ? on 02/21/2013 17:34:49 MST Print View

How about the Tilley LTM8 ? Seems like the perfect solution.

John S.
(jshann) - F
Re: Brimmed Hat that actually breathes (not Tilley) on 02/21/2013 17:59:53 MST Print View

Full mesh crowns are liked by some..that still have hair on their heads. There was a guy that used to hang out here and he found a good priced one, but it would take some time to find the thread.

Ross L
(Ross) - MLife

Locale: Beautiful BC
Re: Re: Brimmed Hat that actually breathes (not Tilley) on 02/21/2013 18:12:26 MST Print View

Check out the Columbia Bora Bora or the Outdoor Reasearch Sunshower Sombrero.

Reggie Garrett
(regarrett) - M

Locale: Lost in the mountains
breathable hat. on 02/21/2013 18:19:51 MST Print View

You may want to check out the Riverz brand of amphibious hats from San Francisco Hat Company. SFHAT.com.
I have the Riverz Outback and have backpacked in it in the muggy Arkansas Ouachita Mountains. The things last a very long time and are stylish. THey will not be rainproof.

Jennifer Mitol
(Jenmitol) - M

Locale: In my dreams....
White rock on 02/22/2013 16:56:19 MST Print View

I really like my white rock oasis

Comes in a lot of colors and a few different fabrics, cheap to import from the uk, but I did have to put my own chin strap on it