Forum Index » Gear Swap » FS: 610 pack

Display Avatars Sort By:
David Chenault
(DaveC) - BPL Staff - F

Locale: Crown of the Continent
FS: 610 pack on 02/20/2013 19:06:51 MST Print View

I am selling a "custom" pack I built for myself this past spring. DX40 main body, sil/VX42/500D cordura extension collar, sil sleeve inside for pad. Osprey Talon 22 shoulder straps with 1/2" sternum strap. Removable 1.5" webbing belt. 16 oz without pad or hipbelt.

pack1

Torso measures 21" from the bottom of the pack to the center between the shoulder straps. This is a hair too short for me, and rather than rip this apart I'm building another and passing this one on.

pack2

Two disclaimers are in order. First, this pack has been used. Plenty of dirt all over, and numerous places where either my futzing with features or use has necessitated some strategic reinforcement/patching with seam grip. Second, I am not a professional. There is some asymmetry, bad stitching, odd stitching, etc at many places. I built it with a high-end but non-industrial machine, using the biggest thread and needle it would take. I'm confident in it's durability, but all the above should be well considered by any buyer.

pack3

The grey fabric above is VX21. There's a layer of 3/8" fairly soft CCF under it as a sort of lumbar pad/support.

pack4

The back is 9" wide. Functionally (with the collar cinched) the pack is 27" tall. Overall capacity is around 30 liters, maybe a bit less. The pad slot is 22" tall. I'm not including the pad I've been using, to ease shipping and because I want it in my new pack.

pack5

No idea how to price something like this. Email dave at backpackinglight dot com if interested. Ask any questions via email and/or here.

As usual, offers honored in chronological order, paypal only.

Edited by DaveC on 02/22/2013 07:40:09 MST.

David Chenault
(DaveC) - BPL Staff - F

Locale: Crown of the Continent
re: pack on 02/22/2013 07:40:44 MST Print View

Bump.

Open to reasonable offers.