Forum Index » Make Your Own Gear » Dyneema X and XPAC color availability?

Display Avatars Sort By:
Green Thumb
(greenthumb)
Dyneema X and XPAC color availability? on 02/20/2013 11:55:49 MST Print View

I can't seem to find any of these two fabrics in colors other than black, red, blue, green, and grey. Is anyone aware of other options? I see pictures of packs with colors other than these 5. Where do I get my hands on this stuff? Or am I just S.O.L.?

Michael Duke
(mpd1690) - F
color on 02/20/2013 14:04:34 MST Print View

Any color in particular that you are interested in?

Green Thumb
(greenthumb)
Greens, Orange, Yellow on 02/20/2013 16:19:28 MST Print View

I'm interested in shades of green, orange, yellow, and white. I do like the blues and reds. I emailed DP, but no response. Thru-Hiker does have green and blue Dyneema X. I'd be willing to buy a large amount if I could even get manufacturers to respond to my emails.

Do you have a line on Xpac or Dyneema? I have ordered a bunch of samples of various type and weight fabrics to see if I can find other materials in wider varieties of colors suitable for packs.

Michael Duke
(mpd1690) - F
Re: Greens, Orange, Yellow on 02/20/2013 16:52:22 MST Print View

The light grey (white basically) takes a dye fairly well. I have successfully died tx07 a good amount of times. It has a tendency to pull out the secondary color in the dye, so you have to cancel that out sometimes.

The minimum at dimension polyant is 50 yards. I can give you the contact email if you want. PM if you want it.

Edited by mpd1690 on 02/20/2013 16:53:00 MST.