Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Excellent tent review and Buyer Beware!
Display Avatars Sort By:
Dave U
(FamilyGuy) - F

Locale: Rockies
Excellent tent review and Buyer Beware! on 02/17/2013 17:33:29 MST Print View

A good friend of mine recently reviewed a "new to the market" tent for 2013 that I thought I MUST share with my BPL brethren.

Preliminary review
Sat 16/02/13
10:23 AM

To my great surprise this morning I received a parcel containing my new tent.
Delivery time is quoted as "up to 8 weeks" but it only took 54 days ,so I am very happy with that.
The delivery guy was very courteous and his uniform appeared to be recently dry cleaned
I like that professional touch to the delivery, it makes the whole experience so much more satisfying.
The parcel felt lighter than expected making me even more excited about the thrill of opening it up.
The box has the look and feel one usually find related to cardboard, so that is probably what it is.

Upon re entering my place ,emotionally gazing upon the parcel, I was surprised to see just how well placed the delivery label was and obviously stamped with a lot of care and precision.
The company chosen to deliver the parcel is called USPS ; never heard of them but given the high level of quality in both presentation and speed I can fully recommend them.
The detail in the printing was superb, made me feel comfortable and reassured me of having made the right choice.
Because I spent a considerable time looking at the various photos and drawings on the Web site , I am confident that this shelter not only will fit me well but should be more wind and snow resistant than I will in fact need.
At this point I felt the need for a tall half-skinny half-1 percent extra hot split quad shot (two shots decaf, two shots regular) latte with whip, so this concludes my preliminary review.

Long Time and final review
Sat 16/02/13
11:43 AM

I hate this crappy piece of junk.
Everything looked good till I opened the parcel and noticed an enormous amount of faults.
Do not buy from this vendor !!!!
For a start the colour appears to be a different shade of gray from the one on the web site.
I was fully expecting a Pantone Cool Gray 3 , this appears to be a Cool Gray 4, although having an inside colour temperature of 5250 Kelvin (accurately measured that with a Kenko KFM 3100) could give me a false impression.
The stitching lines are not parallel to each other and seem to go to different directions at random.
This may look different once erected but as it is, it is unprofessional and quite frankly below par.
Worst of all there are several bits of yellow rope, again not really matching the ones visible on the web site, that are fraying at the end.
This I find it to be disturbing and a total rip off if you ask me.
I will be sending this piece of junk back ,first thing Monday morning.

Ben 2 World
(ben2world) - MLife

Locale: So Cal
Re: Excellent tent review and Buyer Beware! on 02/17/2013 20:54:13 MST Print View

Hahaha... Good one, David. Do you have a link?

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: Excellent tent review and Buyer Beware! on 02/17/2013 21:35:23 MST Print View

I hope there was a return label included. That would be the final blow.

Dave U
(FamilyGuy) - F

Locale: Rockies
Re: Re: Excellent tent review and Buyer Beware! on 02/17/2013 21:36:40 MST Print View

It was written tongue in cheek by someone much more brilliant than I.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: Excellent tent review and Buyer Beware! on 02/17/2013 21:40:25 MST Print View

I realize that was a joke. No sarcasm in Canada?

Cesar?