Forum Index » Chaff » Who has a wife who backpacks with them who always has cold feet?

Display Avatars Sort By:
Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: MidAtlantic
Who has a wife who backpacks with them who always has cold feet? on 02/17/2013 11:25:12 MST Print View

Just curious.

David Noll
(dpnoll) - MLife

Locale: Maroon Bells
Cold feet on 02/17/2013 16:07:17 MST Print View

My wife uses a WM Ultralight and usually only her nose is sticking out. She also has some down booties she wears to bed.

Travis Leanna
(T.L.) - MLife

Locale: Wisconsin
Re: Cold feet on 02/17/2013 16:21:14 MST Print View

Cold feet, as in she gets to the trailhead with you and says, "I don't wanna do it. I want to go home. NOW."

Or cold feet, as in every night on the trail she says, "I can't sleep." "Why?" "My feet are cold." "They're always cold. Go to bed." "No. I wanna go home. NOW."

Rod Lawlor
(Rod_Lawlor) - MLife

Locale: Australia
Re: Who has a wife who backpacks with them who always has cold feet? on 02/18/2013 03:06:58 MST Print View

'Just curious'

Now I am too. Is there something you aren't telling us Doug?

Steofan The Apostate
(simaulius) - F

Locale: Bohemian Alps
Who has a wife who backpacks with them who always has cold feet? on 02/18/2013 07:09:08 MST Print View

These last threads of yours sound a lot like my ex-wife.
Doug, stay away from anyone named Annie.

James Reilly
(zippymorocco)

Locale: Montana
I have one of those. on 02/18/2013 07:47:07 MST Print View

We just picked up some rocky gortex socks hoping it will make her more comfortable during the day when it's wet. At night I plan to bring enough fuel for a hot water bottle.

Edited by zippymorocco on 02/18/2013 09:24:36 MST.

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: MidAtlantic
Re: Who has a wife who backpacks with them who always has cold feet? on 02/18/2013 07:55:50 MST Print View

"Doug, stay away from anyone named Annie."

Dunkel says Laura. You say Annie. Pretty soon I won't be able to date anybody!

Daryl Daryl
(lyrad1) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest, USA, Earth
I do on 02/18/2013 08:51:21 MST Print View

When my wife gets into bed her feet usually feel like they have been stored in the frig. She puts them against me to get them warm. They feel like ice daggers when they first touch me. To prevent further ice stabbings she has agreed to hold them still until they warm up.

Squggles, our cat, comes in from outside and does the same. Her feet feel like 4 ice cubes sometimes. Squiggles has agreed to hold them still until they warm up.

Several odd questions from Douglas recently. Hmmmmmm.

Roger Dodger
(RogerDodger) - F

Locale: Wess Siide
Re: Who has a wife who backpacks with them who always has cold feet? on 02/18/2013 09:31:47 MST Print View

Cold Feet

Edit: i dont know the original source, a facebook friend posted it

Edited by RogerDodger on 02/18/2013 22:08:24 MST.

J J
(jraiderguy) - M

Locale: Puget Sound
source? on 02/18/2013 10:23:13 MST Print View

What's the source of that cartoon?

David Thomas
(DavidinKenai) - MLife

Locale: North Woods. Far North.
Re: source? on 02/18/2013 12:11:10 MST Print View

My house.

David Olsen
(oware)

Locale: Steptoe Butte
Re: Who has a wife who backpacks with them who always has cold feet? on 02/18/2013 12:14:40 MST Print View

Just after strapping on crampons. Makes belly warmers tough.

Sarah Kirkconnell
(sarbar) - F

Locale: In the shadow of Mt. Rainier
Re: Re: Who has a wife who backpacks with them who always has cold feet? on 02/18/2013 21:59:58 MST Print View

Men have warm bodies for a reason: to warm us up with. Just sayin'. You could be snuggled up to a hairy man named "Bubba" instead....so take your pick ;-) Non-hairy wife who is cold, warm-blooded hairy guy.......

Travis Leanna
(T.L.) - MLife

Re: Re: Re: Who has a wife who backpacks with them who always has cold feet? on 02/18/2013 22:05:47 MST Print View

>Non-hairy wife who is cold, warm-blooded hairy guy.......

I knew a couple where the guy literally won first or second place in the "hairiest man in Chicago" contest. They got divorced.

Roger Dodger
(RogerDodger) - F

Locale: Wess Siide
Re: Re: Re: Re: Who has a wife who backpacks with them who always has cold feet? on 02/18/2013 22:12:03 MST Print View

In Round Rock, Texas, near Austin, TX, there is a hairy man contest during the worst hot humid season

Travis Leanna
(T.L.) - MLife

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Who has a wife who backpacks with them who always has cold feet? on 02/18/2013 22:30:44 MST Print View

Ew.

Kronos Master of Fate
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: Who has a wife who backpacks with them who always has cold feet? on 02/18/2013 22:37:02 MST Print View

This conversation just got real ugly real fast

Mark Verber
(verber) - MLife

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area
Re: Who has a wife who backpacks with them who always has cold feet? on 02/18/2013 22:39:48 MST Print View

My wife had this problem. Out solution was she would use my versalite sleeping bag down to 40F (and something warmer below this?!). while wearing primaloft booties + warm hat. Normally this worked well enough. If she was having problems we would have her take the booties off and do a hot water bottle by the feet until they were warmed and then put the booties back on.

--Mark

Edited by verber on 02/18/2013 22:40:23 MST.

Travis Leanna
(T.L.) - MLife

Re: Re: Who has a wife who backpacks with them who always has cold feet? on 02/18/2013 23:03:00 MST Print View

>My wife had this problem.

Wait. Your wife won the Hairiest Man contest too?

John S.
(jshann) - F
Re: Re: Re: Who has a wife who backpacks with them who always has cold feet? on 02/19/2013 01:55:28 MST Print View

lol...pics please.