Forum Index » Photography » Useful piece of gear for a lightweight tripod solution

Display Avatars Sort By:
Casey Kreilein
(casey_kreilein)
Useful piece of gear for a lightweight tripod solution on 02/10/2013 12:40:19 MST Print View

I saw this on another blog last night and immediately thought of posting this here. When I searched for it by name to make sure that I wasn't going to make a duplicate thread there was already one in the "Gear" forum. Though since this can almost be viewed as a niche piece of photography gear I figured that I would post about it here as well. Below is a link to the Kickstarter page where you can view the item. Long story short it takes the treking poles most of us carry anyway and converts them into a stable tripod.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1312251870/polepod-uses-the-poles-you-already-have-to-make-a

As a disclaimer I have no affiliation with this product, my motivation is that I just really want one myself and don't really have a way to acquire one unless the project gets funded. I've already pledged for a whole enchilada myself.

Edited by casey_kreilein on 02/10/2013 12:52:49 MST.

Casey Kreilein
(casey_kreilein)
Spam? on 02/10/2013 12:50:06 MST Print View

are you saying the message I posted is spam?

Greg Mihalik
(greg23) - M

Locale: Colorado
Re: Spam? on 02/10/2013 12:54:47 MST Print View

Casey,
Please post a link or a photo. I'd like to see how it works.

Thanks.

g.

edit: looks like "dueling keyboards"..... Thanks for putting in the link.

Edited by greg23 on 02/10/2013 12:55:53 MST.

Casey Kreilein
(casey_kreilein)
link on 02/10/2013 12:56:43 MST Print View

I've been editing the original post trying to figure out from other messages on the boards on how to get a hyperlink inserted. Realizing that it just wasn't working for me I just pasted the address and people will have to copy and paste the address.

Gary Yee
(lakemcd)

Locale: NW Montana
Useful piece of gear for a lightweight tripod solution on 02/15/2013 13:58:22 MST Print View

This is cool. I want one. Thanks for posting. Would never have come across this otherwise.

d k
(dkramalc) - MLife
Re: Useful piece of gear for a lightweight tripod solution on 02/15/2013 14:07:48 MST Print View

"Funding Canceled
Funding for this project was canceled by the project creator 1 day ago. "

Or so it says on the site. Too bad, looked interesting.

Pete Staehling
(staehpj1) - F
DIY project? on 05/13/2013 13:21:04 MDT Print View

It looks like it could be a reasonable DIY project.