Transportation from Denver to Aspen
Display Avatars Sort By:
Backpack Jack
(jumpbackjack) - F - M

Locale: Armpit of California
Transportation from Denver to Aspen on 02/09/2013 15:02:22 MST Print View

Looking for any help from the members that can guide me in the right direction for this.

This is in response to the other thread I have posted on the Maroon Bells loop.
If we fly into Denver it's cheaper by almost half compared to flying into Aspen, the problem is we need transportation from Denver airport to Aspen for 6-8 people, any suggestions?

This trip will be in the 1st week of Aug. I can get round trip air from SouthWest for around $275.00 to Aspen it's $500.00

Thanks, Jack

John Whynot
(jdw01776)

Locale: Southeast Texas
Re: Transportation from Denver to Aspen on 02/09/2013 15:13:22 MST Print View

I've always rented a car at the Denver airport. It's an expensive place to rent a car, but won't be bad splitting the cost among a group. With 8 people you may need 2 cars, or maybe a van. This far out you may be able to get a good deal on a rental. The best deal I got was $150/week for a small SUV.

There is also a van service to Aspen, but if I recall it runs about $200/person. It may be less if you arrange a charter for a group.

There are some trailheads in that area I would not drive a car to.

If you are looking for less expensive motels in the area, try Carbondale. There are also USFS campgrounds on Maroon Creek Road...

Edited by jdw01776 on 02/09/2013 15:21:46 MST.

Bob Bankhead
(wandering_bob) - MLife

Locale: Oregon, USA
Transportation from Denver to Aspen on 02/09/2013 17:20:36 MST Print View

Colorado Mountain Express will take you from Denver airport to Aspen. CME has a service desk on the main level of DIA and its vans leave from the baggage claim area.

http://www.coloradomountainexpress.com/

Edited by wandering_bob on 02/09/2013 17:26:38 MST.

Greg Mihalik
(greg23) - M

Locale: Colorado
Re: Transportation from Denver to Aspen on 02/09/2013 17:28:12 MST Print View

And I see that for $99 CME will get you to Snowmass.
$800 for all of you. One way. A rental is sounding better.

Edited by greg23 on 02/09/2013 17:31:06 MST.

Backpack Jack
(jumpbackjack) - F - M

Locale: Armpit of California
Re: Transportation from Denver to Aspen on 02/09/2013 17:39:27 MST Print View

Thanks everyone for the info.

John, I think you're right it may be cheaper to rent a van or SUV, especialy if we're going to drive any where else in Co.

I now they have public transportation around Aspen and to the trail head, and also in Denver, but it would be nice if they had a connecting shuttle.

Jack

Dean F.
(acrosome) - MLife

Locale: Back in the Front Range
You're forgetting one very important thing- on 02/11/2013 13:42:39 MST Print View

That the people who spend time in Aspen don't WANT it to be easy for the proletariat masses to get there. That's why they close Independence Pass in the winter. :)