Any Sports Fans?
Display Avatars Sort By:
Johnny Gish
(jtgish) - F

Locale: Coppell, Texas
Any Sports Fans? on 04/15/2007 23:19:51 MDT Print View

Just trying to get an idea what teams everyone roots for. Just to make things a little more interesting.
Since NHL playoff have started and NBA is about to it might be fun to list our teams so we can make fun of you when your team loses.
Here are my two teams: I live in Dallas,TX right now so:
NHL:Stars
NBA:Mavericks

The Padres and Chargers are my favorite teams.

Peter McDonough
(crazypete) - F

Locale: Above the Divided Line
Re: Any Sports Fans? on 04/16/2007 00:57:02 MDT Print View

I guess I will be laughing hysterically when the Mavs loose to the Spurs then....

Johnny Gish
(jtgish) - F

Any Sports Fans? on 04/16/2007 01:04:22 MDT Print View

Crazy Pete,
you are very funny, must have missed the game today. Im sorry but this is the mavs year.

Benjamin Smith
(bugbomb) - F - M

Locale: South Texas
Re: Any Sports Fans? on 04/16/2007 06:49:04 MDT Print View

How much do you think Cuban paid Joey Crawford for that?

Adam Rothermich
(aroth87) - F

Locale: Missouri Ozarks
Re: Any Sports Fans? on 04/16/2007 07:31:36 MDT Print View

I'm just waiting for football season to start again. In between that is hiking season, with a little overlap once football starts again lol!
I catch some auto racing every now and then too but don't keep up with it.
Favorite team: Colts (about time they won the whole thing too, and its not just because they won, I've liked Peyton ever since he entered the league)
Favorite college team: Ohio State Buckeyes

Adam

Laurence Daniels
(GNR) - F

Locale: Boston
NBA on 04/16/2007 08:21:41 MDT Print View

Not to hijack the thread, but regardless who wins the NBA finals, it is always very clear to me that the most important city in the NBA is Las Vegas. The NBA, and like all major money-making sports, is fixed.

That being said:
NBA: Celts
NHL: Calgary
MLB: Red Sox ( JT, Brian Giles is my hero, though)
NFL: Pats

Antonio Abad
(tonyabad) - F
RE: Any Sports Fans? on 04/16/2007 09:38:52 MDT Print View

I've been a Miami sports fan given that I was born and raised there. I've played basketball all of my life, so naturally that's the sport I love to follow the most. In that regard, I'm hoping that the Heat can get establish some chemistry for another run. It's been an injury-riddled year so far, and I think that the starting unit has played together for all of 3 games.

Benjamin Smith
(bugbomb) - F - M

Re: NBA on 04/17/2007 13:24:31 MDT Print View

Hi Laurence,

Not sure if this supports or undermines your point about Vegas, but it's interesting - ref suspended for ejecting Tim Duncan.

Yeah, I'm a Spurs fan.

JT, go easy on me if the Mavs win it all this year - the Silver & Black are the only bright parts about living in San Antonio. I have always been a huge Mavs fan - Nash, Kidd, and Nowitski have typically been brilliant and (except maybe Kidd) classy, and Josh Howard is one of my favorite ball players, period - but Mark Cuban just ruins the whole thing for me.

So...

NBA: Spurs
NFL: NONE
College BB: I have no real regional loyalty here, so it varies since so many of the players worth watching are gone in a year.
College FB: OU (Boise State gets all the props this year, though)

Edited by bugbomb on 04/17/2007 16:24:12 MDT.

Johnny Gish
(jtgish) - F

Any Sports Fans? on 04/17/2007 18:29:08 MDT Print View

Ben,
I would take it easy on you if the mavs win, but you liking OU just ruins any chance of that since I am a Texas alum.
JT

Benjamin Smith
(bugbomb) - F - M

Re: Any Sports Fans? on 04/17/2007 18:48:59 MDT Print View

Yeah, I'm in rare company here in Texas. What's the Dallas buzz after the NBA's call today?

Laurence Daniels
(GNR) - F

Joey on 04/21/2007 20:33:44 MDT Print View

Hi Benjamin,

I think the NBA's move was made to confuse us all and keep the status quo alive, as Vegas doesn't want Joey and the refs to make the fix too obvious, like throwing Duncan out while he's on the bench. That being said, I watched the games today like the outcome wasn't already figured out. Laurence

larry savage
(pyeyo) - F

Locale: pacific northwest
while the nba quietly plays away... on 04/22/2007 12:34:46 MDT Print View

While the nba plays away and we debate the merits of whether the game is fixed, while baseball begins its never ending season a swimmer named Michael Phelps is decimating most of the world records.
Perhaps when his medal count exceeds Mark Spitz's he'll make a bit of money but I doubt he will even match an nba bench warmer.
These things never make a blip on ESPN's radar but they are awesome displays of athleticism.

William McAlpine
(virtu) - F
Re: while the nba quietly plays away... on 04/22/2007 18:30:00 MDT Print View

GO CLEMSON

Laurence Daniels
(GNR) - F

Speaking of fixed... on 04/22/2007 20:03:02 MDT Print View

Hi Larry,

I am a conspiracy guy, as one could guess. Cycling, sprinting, and I hate to say swimming, are all much MORE fixed than the NBA via the juice. I agree that Phelp's athletic feats are severely underappreciated by the media and most sports fans, but chemistry is the real competition in these sports.

larry savage
(pyeyo) - F

Locale: pacific northwest
Re: Speaking of fixed... on 04/22/2007 21:18:57 MDT Print View

Pro cycling has absolutly broken my heart, only the ones with the best doctors/trainers don't get caught.
I've seen young guys at the middle level of amateur racing use epo and testosterone. I know very little about sprinters or swimmers but if you look at endurance racing; tris, cycling, or x-country skiing, it's foul.

Edited by pyeyo on 04/22/2007 23:42:18 MDT.

Ken Helwig
(kennyhel77) - MLife

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA
Re: Any Sports Fans? on 05/27/2007 08:06:43 MDT Print View

San Francisco 49ers (5 Super Bowls!)
San Francisco Giants
San Jose Sharks
San Jose St. Spartans

Peter McDonough
(crazypete) - F

Locale: Above the Divided Line
Re: Re: Any Sports Fans? on 05/27/2007 13:40:24 MDT Print View

Well Mr. Gish...do you have any further comments as the SPURS advance to the NBA championship. Such as how the Mavs FOLDED against the Warriors, how Dirk doesn't deserve the MVP, etc....

:D