Yes, another windshirt thread. I figured I would start another one, rather than hijack one of the existing threads.
I'm in the market for a windshirt. I have a couple, but the one I use the most is a Montbell. I like it, but it lacks a hood. I am looking for one that will be used primarily in the summer. I use it for bug protection as much as wind protection. Here are some features I would like:
1) Hooded (otherwise I would just stick with what I have).
2) More Breathable (less windproof) -- Since I use it as much for bug protection as wind protection (I also have rain gear so I can always pile on the wind protection).
3) Full Zip -- This isn't a necessity, but I like having it.
4) Lightweight -- The lighter the better (of course).
5) Light color -- When I use it for bug protection it can get too hot if my only choices are dark colors. I also like to be seen, so I don't mind bright (even ugly) colors.
6) Athletic Fit -- I fit the Montbell clothes pretty well. I'm pretty skinny, at 6 feet even and around 150 (give or take a beer or two).
Here are some jackets I'm considering:
Tachyon Anorak -- This lacks a full zip (which is why I'm not too thrilled with it).
Patagonia Houdini -- A crowd favorite. It seems to be quite breathable. I'm not thrilled with the weight though and don't know about the fit.
The North Face Verto Jacket -- I don't know too much about this, but it seems like it should be considered. It seems rather pricey for what it is (but Montbell isn't cheap and I always like their stuff). I'm not sure if they still make this and if I can get one.
Stoic Wraith Shell -- This sounds like what I want. Like the North Face shirt, though, I'm not sure where I can get one.
Any other ideas or thoughts?