Forum Index » Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Where would you like a midwest GGG be held

Display Avatars Sort By:
Adam Rothermich
(aroth87) - F

Locale: Missouri Ozarks
Re: I'd be up for a road trip on 02/07/2013 16:47:40 MST Print View

Charles Deam is about an 8 hour trip for me. If I could meet up with a person or two along the way to car pool I might be able to make that work though.

Adam

doug thomas
(sparky52804) - MLife

Locale: Eastern Iowa
My two cents on 02/07/2013 17:55:17 MST Print View

Mark is a friend of mine and only lives about 15 minutes away and knows my preferences, but here it is anyway. I live in Davenport, Iowa, close to the Mississippi River. I would be willing to drive 6 to 8 hours provided it is on one of my three day weekends. The weekends of March 8, 22 April 5, 19 May 3, 17. These aren't the only times I will go, just don't want to spend all my time driving. I want some time to hang out with the new friends I hope to make. I don't really have a preference on where to go, but somewhere with nice trails close by, somewhere scenic, and space to spread out. Some of us do snore! The past Midwest GGG's have had an added G which stands for grilling, and some of the meals have been very fine. A site that would allow for this would be nice, but not mandatory. An area to fish would be nice too, but again, not a deal breaker. The big thing is to get together, have some fun, share a meal and check out what other people carry. PLEASE let us know what what you want to get your participation.

doug thomas
(sparky52804) - MLife

Locale: Eastern Iowa
Re: My two cents on 02/14/2013 04:37:52 MST Print View

It's been a week, is there no interest at all?

Stephen M
(stephenm) - MLife

Locale: The Great Lakes Bay Region
Re: Re: My two cents on 02/14/2013 04:50:00 MST Print View

I would travel up to about 7 hours if I had someone to car pool with, I will check the local folks.