Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Yellowstone River Packrafting
Display Avatars Sort By:
J P
(jpovs) - F - M

Locale: North Shore
Re: Packrafting and Kickstarter on 02/06/2013 23:18:01 MST Print View

-

Edited by jpovs on 06/27/2014 22:27:03 MDT.

Ryan Jordan
(ryan) - BPL Staff - MLife

Locale: Greater Yellowstone
Re: Re: Packrafting and Kickstarter on 02/07/2013 07:38:32 MST Print View

JoshP: no sweat - drop me a note via the BPL contact form. - RJ

Nick Gatel
(ngatel) - MLife

Locale: Southern California
Re: Re: packrafting, backpacking, and bacon on 02/07/2013 20:17:11 MST Print View

"Why is Backpacking Light / Ryan Jordan focusing on pack rafting so much lately? I for one would like to see more reviews around backpacking not packrafting."

A few years ago I had the same mindset. But I have changed my mind, and if you spend any time in Chaff, you know that you have a better chance of getting the sun to set in the east than changing my mind.

I think I might ask my wife to buy me a packraft for my birthday.

I am also now more interested in articles on other outdoor activities here on BPL. Many people like Ryan have a wide range of interests and it is enjoyable to read about them. My outdoor life also spans areas beyond backpacking. Besides, one can shove a packraft in their pack :)

Here is an interesting link Dave C posted on his blog. Really cool trip with some creative planning. Maybe I need to learn how to speak Spanish and try it.

Luc Mehl

As for Ryan's article. Too little information. He is trying to whet our appetite and tease us into purchasing his packrafting options :)

Travis Leanna
(T.L.) - MLife

Locale: Wisconsin
Re: Re: Re: packrafting, backpacking, and bacon on 02/07/2013 21:13:17 MST Print View

Nick,
Alpackas are the McHales of packrafts. Ooooo, now they sound REALLY tempting! :)

They're a blast!

Nick Gatel
(ngatel) - MLife

Locale: Southern California
Re: Re: Re: Re: packrafting, backpacking, and bacon on 02/07/2013 21:25:35 MST Print View

But everyone says McHales are too heavy :)

I already have an inflatible, but it won't fit in my pack.

Boat Story

Travis Leanna
(T.L.) - MLife

Locale: Wisconsin
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: packrafting, backpacking, and bacon on 02/07/2013 21:32:42 MST Print View

Looks like you need a bigger pack.
Glad you got back ok. It's funny how mishaps fail to detract from an adventure.