JMT thru hike
Display Avatars Sort By:
Jeff C.
(CascadeJeff) - F

Locale: S.Cal/High Sierra
JMT thru hike on 04/14/2007 20:42:58 MDT Print View

Hi,
I'd like to do the JMT in about 14 days in mid Juy or mid Aug. I am looking for a partner. I have done 90% of the trail in pieces and am ready to do the whole trail. Any interest?
Jeff Cygan
Santa Barbara, Ca.
cyflo@sbceo.org

Randy Brissey
(rbrissey) - M

Locale: Redondo Beach, CA
JMT Through Hike on 04/14/2007 21:57:33 MDT Print View

Hello,

Which direction are you planning to do it? There appears many are planning to do it this summer. I am planning a south to north run (bypassing Whitney) by starting at Horseshoe Meadow.

Randy

Jeff C.
(CascadeJeff) - F

Re: JMT Through Hike on 04/17/2007 21:29:41 MDT Print View

Hi Randy,
Thanks for the reply. I'd like to go from Yosemite to Whiney. I'd like to do the classic route. On the other hand, I'm always open for changing conditions.
Jeff

Jeff C.
(CascadeJeff) - F

JMT on 04/17/2007 21:49:20 MDT Print View

Jhuara Wachsman,
Thanks for the reply. I tried your site, it didnt work. Please contact me again. Mid July could be a good time.
Jeff

J W
(jhaura) - F

Locale: www.Trailability.com
Re: JMT Thru Hike on 04/17/2007 23:50:08 MDT Print View

Jeff,

Hey, sorry the link didn't work, but it was just to my profile here on BPL's site. You can see it at any time by clicking my name or user name next to this post. My gear list is there in PDF format (though I have a new kit that I have been working on). You can also see a history of past posts I've made.

The JMT is one of the trails on my "can't wait to go" list. It would be great to go with someone who's done parts of it. I know some of the trails are not well marked at the north end.

I've followed the record attempts of Al Shaver on this site and others who have done it leisurely. From both perspectives it looks really fun and challenging.

I've got plenty of experience backpacking and usually go solo night hiking whenever possible. I can do 14 hour days or mellow days. I'm flexible. Most importantly to me is to have fun, learn about new trails and experience being in nature.

Contact me at my email if you have any questions.

All the best,
Jhaura

Jeff C.
(CascadeJeff) - F

Re: Re: JMT Thru Hike on 04/21/2007 10:26:39 MDT Print View

Jhaura Wachsman,
I'm sorry but I still cant get onto your backpacklight site and you didnt give me your email address to contact you. If you could email me your email address I will gladly contact you. Mid July sounds good to me for the JMT.
Jeff Cygan

Joel Richter
(joelr) - F
Status on 04/28/2007 22:37:02 MDT Print View

Jeff,
I hoping to do the JMT this summer as well. The good wife says I can't go solo. Still looking for a partner? 2 weeks is about what I was looking at. Have you established a start date? Let me know... Joel (Camas, WA)
PS - anyone open to a tag-a-long on the JMT, let me know.

Douglas Frick
(Otter) - MLife

Locale: Wyoming
Re: Status on 04/28/2007 22:54:17 MDT Print View

I might be able to go...late July or August. I don't have any permits.

Jeff C.
(CascadeJeff) - F

Re: Status on 05/05/2007 13:40:02 MDT Print View

Thanks for the reply Joel,
That sounds familiar; my wife doesn't like me hiking solo either. Good thing someone is looking out for us. I was looking at about July 18 to Aug 1 from Yosemite Valley to Whitney Summit. Let me know. You can email me if you like.
Jeff

Julie Busse
(mountuhngirl) - F
Re: Status on 05/05/2007 21:41:52 MDT Print View

Hi Joel,

I am also planning to do the JMT from north to south. Plan to start fairly soon after 4th of July. I can't go much later as I have other committments in mid-August. No permit, just planning to camp out a day or two if necessary to get one of the same-day permits. I will be doing a more leisurely trip than you, closer to three weeks. I'm in Seattle and am wondering how you are planning to get to and from the trail and if you might be interested in sharing transport?

Douglas Frick
(Otter) - MLife

Locale: Wyoming
Re: Re: Status on 05/05/2007 22:25:58 MDT Print View

>I might be able to go...late July or August. I don't have any permits.

Bah. Not this year. :-(

Jeff C.
(CascadeJeff) - F

Re: Status on 05/09/2007 21:01:37 MDT Print View

Hey Joel,
Still interested?
Jeff

cary bertoncini
(cbert) - F

Locale: N. California
jmt early june north to south on 05/11/2007 14:39:31 MDT Print View

i'm thinking about this

can't be sure i can commit to whole thing - i'll be on a time window for work & will have to bail out if i can't make a pace for 2 week trip

but around the 4th for starters sounds about right

cary bertoncini
(cbert) - F

oops - early JULY i mean: starting july 1 maybe on 05/11/2007 14:59:22 MDT Print View

start june 30 or july 1 or 2

John Kays
(johnk) - M

Locale: SoCal
Re: JMT thru hike on 05/22/2007 15:05:36 MDT Print View

My son and I are planing in late August and early September South to North. We would like to refill at Muir Ranch. Is it still in business?

cary bertoncini
(cbert) - F

looks like they are good - they have a 2007 on 05/22/2007 15:11:57 MDT Print View

schedule & all

http://www.muirtrailranch.com/

you aren't a kays from grass valley are you?

John Kays
(johnk) - M

Locale: SoCal
Re: looks like they are good - they have a 2007 on 05/22/2007 16:23:33 MDT Print View

No Cary, I didn't know there were any. And thanks for response. John