Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Gear Sale: Packs and Tents
Display Avatars Sort By:
Randy K
(roosterk) - F

Locale: SW OK
Gear Sale: Bivy added, Price drop on 04/14/2007 14:59:55 MDT Print View

Hi, I've added a Bivy, reduced the price on some stuff, removed some.
Thanks once again for everyone who expressed concern for my shoulder problem. It's actually doing pretty well. It's not going to ever go away, and will eventually have to be replaced, but medication has helped a great deal.

1. Black Diamond Lightsabre Bivy. I bought this used to try it out, and have only set it up indoors. The person I bought it from had done the same. It is in like new condition, has never been seam sealed. It comes with a BD footprint, the seam sealer, stakes and instructions. Note: this is a 2005 model, and does not have the third pole for the foot area, or the foot vent, like the 2007 model. I gave $115 shipped, and will sell it for the same. I just wanted to try out a bivy, this is a nice one, but not for me.

Prices reduced.

3. McHale –0 SARC Climbing Pack. Price reduced to $190 shipped. This is a custom made., bulletproof ~2700ci. Pack made of Navy blue 1000d Cordura. It has the pleated kangaroo back pocket, both a top pocket and a single layer flap top, and water bottle pockets. It was made for a 44” chest, 36” waist, (this can be altered), and a torso length that measures ~ 20” using the directions on McHale’s site. (I normally measure 21” using most pack makers’ measuring devices). If you buy the pack, you can check the fit by sending Dan McHale a picture, and he’ll tell you if it’s sized right for you. I’ll take it back if Dan says it won’t work. It comes with stays for ~30-35#. You can buy heaver stays from Dan for loads up to 60# or so. This pack would run ~ $500 today, I bought it in December “05, when Dan was running a special for past customers. I have around $300 in the pack and the extra stays. Price is $230 shipped.

5. SOLD Integral Designs Mark III Now $250 shipped.
Don’t get your hopes up, it’s not made of Event! It is made of Tegraltex, olive green in color, has one large and one small door. No vestibule. It has four smaller than dime sized patched holes in the floor, patched with an OR repair kit, (coated ripstop and seam sealer), and a slight bend in one pole, which does not affect use. This tent is about five years old but is in very good shape except for the exceptions listed. This tent would cost $625 now. Price is $300 shipped.
Thanks for looking
roosterk

Edited by roosterk on 05/10/2007 10:16:04 MDT.

James Pitts
(jjpitts) - F

Locale: Midwest US
Re: Gear Sale: Packs and Tents on 04/14/2007 15:23:31 MDT Print View

I'll take the Mariposa. Mine is in great shape but it won't last forever and I wouldn't replace it with anything else. I'll try to PM you since I don't see an email address.

Randy K
(roosterk) - F

Re: Re: Gear Sale: Packs and Tents on 04/14/2007 15:29:58 MDT Print View

James,
Sorry, but the Mariposa has already been spoken for-talk about quick action! If the first buyer does not follow through, I'll contact you.
thanks
roosterk

James Pitts
(jjpitts) - F

Re: Re: Re: Gear Sale: Packs and Tents on 04/14/2007 16:10:14 MDT Print View

No worries!

jon goldsmith
(jegsmith) - F
Re: Gear Sale: Packs and Tents on 04/14/2007 18:53:04 MDT Print View

Im interested in the Nimbus Ozone. Email me at jegsmith@gmail.com.

Randy K
(roosterk) - F

Re: Re: Gear Sale: Packs and Tents on 04/14/2007 19:15:26 MDT Print View

James,
The first buyer had not checked the hipbelt size for M/L, and so decided that it would not work for him. I sent you an email, let me know.
thanks,
roosterk

Ernie Elkins
(EarthDweller)

Locale: North Carolina
Re: Re: Re: Gear Sale: Packs and Tents on 04/14/2007 19:24:45 MDT Print View

I just sent you an e-mail about the Phantom...

James Pitts
(jjpitts) - F

Re: Re: Re: Gear Sale: Packs and Tents on 04/14/2007 19:26:22 MDT Print View

Yep, I saw that. Thanks for keeping me as an alternate. I just sent you the cash. I look forward to having a spare for when my current Mariposa gives out. Ha! right now it's not exactly showing any sign of giving up the ghost.

Colleen Clemens
(tarbubble) - F

Locale: dirtville, CA
Re: Gear Sale: Packs and Tents on 04/15/2007 08:49:03 MDT Print View

Randall, just want to say I'm sorry to hear of your health issues. i do hope it is something that will clear up, and if not, that you have other passions to fill your heart. best of luck.

Edited by tarbubble on 04/15/2007 08:49:44 MDT.

Randy K
(roosterk) - F

Re: Re: Gear Sale: Packs and Tents on 04/17/2007 20:08:25 MDT Print View

Colleen, and others who have expressed concern for my health,
Thanks for your kind words. I hope I didn't give the wrong impression, I'm not facing a life threatening illness or anything, it's just a shoulder problem. I can still dayhike and I think I will be able to backpack in the future with a pack that puts most of the weight on my hips. I never was much of a climber anyway!
anyhow, thanks, and God bless,
roosterk

Carol Crooker
(cmcrooker) - MLife

Locale: Desert Southwest, USA
Stays on 04/18/2007 08:11:50 MDT Print View

I'd like the stays if no one has spoken for them.

Randy K
(roosterk) - F

Re: Stays on 04/18/2007 09:32:52 MDT Print View

You've got them. Send me a PM and we'll get the specifics.
thanks, roosterk

Colleen Clemens
(tarbubble) - F

Locale: dirtville, CA
Re: Re: Re: Gear Sale: Packs and Tents on 04/18/2007 11:20:24 MDT Print View

phew! i was worried about you. glad to hear it.

Randy K
(roosterk) - F

Re: Re: Re: Re: Gear Sale: Packs and Tents on 05/07/2007 19:32:02 MDT Print View

See changes, additions

tkkn c
(tkknc) - MLife

Locale: Desert Rat in the Southwest
PM on 05/07/2007 21:37:57 MDT Print View

I sent you a PM
Thanks

Harry Ervin
(specopsscout) - F

Locale: Eastern Seaboard
Black Diamond Lightsabre Bivy on 05/21/2007 17:55:08 MDT Print View

Hey Brother,
I'm very interested in this...can you shoot me an email with pictures and payment information to specopsscout@comcast.net .Thanks...
Respectfully,
Harry

1. Black Diamond Lightsabre Bivy. I bought this used to try it out, and have only set it up indoors. The person I bought it from had done the same. It is in like new condition, has never been seam sealed. It comes with a BD footprint, the seam sealer, stakes and instructions. Note: this is a 2005 model, and does not have the third pole for the foot area, or the foot vent, like the 2007 model. I gave $115 shipped, and will sell it for the same. I just wanted to try out a bivy, this is a nice one, but not for me.