November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
kickstarter project
Display Avatars Sort By:
Diane Pinkers
(dipink) - MLife

Locale: Western Washington
kickstarter project on 02/02/2013 13:07:28 MST Print View

Hi, I don't know if anyone has posted on this product yet, but I learned about a project on Kickstarter that is trying to create an adaptor that allows you to use your trekking poles as 2 out of 3 legs for a tripod. The third leg is just staked out line, or you can use a 3rd hiking pole if a buddy has one. Brian Green put out the word yesterday on his blog; that's where I learned of it.

I want one! it's exactly the solution that I've been looking for. I've backed his campaign, but he needs a lot more before February 14th to make it happen. It seems like a no-brainer for ultralight folks that like to take pictures: small, compact, uses equipment you may already carry, and proposes to be pretty light-weight.

Check it out and if you like it, back it! you'll get your own polepod when they go into production.

Roger B
(rogerb) - MLife

Locale: Here and there
Re: kickstarter project on 02/02/2013 13:23:20 MST Print View

I have supported the polepod as well, because it seems to me that is the ideal option for those who want a tripod and not a monopod when out hiking. Lets hope it gets the funding it needs.

Serge Giachetti
(sgiachetti) - M

Locale: Boulder, CO
support this... on 02/02/2013 23:56:02 MST Print View

I bet the majority of BPLer's would find this useful at one point or another. Lets help him reach his goal!

Tjaard Breeuwer
(Tjaard) - MLife

Locale: Minnesota, USA
Awesome idea! on 02/07/2013 10:57:37 MST Print View

This could be just what many of us want, please Kickstart it!