Forum Index » Gear Deals » MEC T2 Hoodie Group Buy - ROUND 2

Display Avatars Sort By:
Robert Warren
(RobertWarren) - F

Locale: Oregon
Re: Cloudraker mitts order one size down; Seam sealing? T2 temp range on 02/15/2013 07:52:54 MST Print View

Yeah, I too was surprised by how big they are. I normally ware size large gloves and these seem like an extra-large or even XX-large. The tags are still on them. I'll probably resell them if anyone that takes an X-large is interested let me know.

Bob

Konrad .
(Konrad1013) - MLife
Cloudraker Mitts on 02/17/2013 15:35:25 MST Print View

Got your PM EJ, but figured I'd post the info here for all.

The cloudraker mitts are indeed seam taped so no need to seamseal. I find them to be sized 1-2 sizes larger depending on your intended purpose. I am a solid size Medium in Outdoor Research Gloves and pretty much wear a medium in all gloves from other brands. With the CloudRakers, I can fit into a size XS if I am only putting my barehand in it without other layers. A size small allows me to put on a midweight fleece glove under. A size medium would allow me to put a puffy mitt under. For those that are curious, here is the corresponding synthetic puffy mitt that MEC sells that is great to layer under http://www.mec.ca/AST/ShopMEC/WomensClothing/GlovesMitts/PRD~5024-115/mec-puffy-mitts-unisex.jsp

Also, if anyone misses the old OR lobster gloves, I found these to be the best replacement
http://www.mec.ca/AST/ShopMEC/Cycling/MensClothing/Gloves/PRD~5020-734/mec-drencher-gloves-unisex.jsp
These gloves fit true to size and my mediums only allow a pair of lightweight/medium liners.

I'm sure they can be used fine for winter use, but I would stay away from heavy duty tasks such as shoveling snow...I'd imagine the DWR would break down pretty quickly with such agressive use. I've used my drencher lobster-gloves for cross country skiing with no problems

Edited by Konrad1013 on 02/17/2013 15:37:43 MST.

Tom Watkins
(watkins) - F - M
Thanks on 02/19/2013 13:56:36 MST Print View

Have to thank Dan for all his work on this. Got both mine the other day. Fantastic value even taking in to account shipping to the UK.

E J
(mountainwalker) - MLife

Locale: SF Bay Area & New England
MEC Cloudraker XS Mitt (fits like Small) avail; possibly a T2 Hoody M's L and/or W's M on 02/24/2013 12:57:08 MST Print View

Have an extra pair of Cloudraker Waterproof Mitts in size XS from a buy I did. Note that the Cloudraker Mitts are oversized by one size, so the XS Mitt will fit a Small size hand (I typically wear Medium-Large Mitts and gloves and in the Cloudraker wear a size S). May also have an extra T2 Hoody in a Men's L and Women's M, will know shortly.

The Cloudraker Mitts are the lightest, best value long-coverage waterproof mitts we've ever found.

The T2 Hoody is a fantastic piece, warm for the weight yet very breathable - will work very well with a light wind jacket over a broad range.

Konrad thanks again for letting us know about these and the T2 Hoody.

Cody Bartz
(codybartz) - MLife

Locale: Northern Minnesota
T2 hoodie for sale on 03/03/2013 23:51:14 MST Print View

I have a medium T2 hoodie up for sale. See it here:

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=74089&skip_to_post=632397#632397