Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
MEC T2 Hoodie Group Buy - ROUND 2
Display Avatars Sort By:
Robert Warren
(RobertWarren) - F

Locale: Oregon
Re: Cloudraker mitts order one size down; Seam sealing? T2 temp range on 02/15/2013 07:52:54 MST Print View

Yeah, I too was surprised by how big they are. I normally ware size large gloves and these seem like an extra-large or even XX-large. The tags are still on them. I'll probably resell them if anyone that takes an X-large is interested let me know.

Konrad .
(Konrad1013) - MLife
Cloudraker Mitts on 02/17/2013 15:35:25 MST Print View

Got your PM EJ, but figured I'd post the info here for all.

The cloudraker mitts are indeed seam taped so no need to seamseal. I find them to be sized 1-2 sizes larger depending on your intended purpose. I am a solid size Medium in Outdoor Research Gloves and pretty much wear a medium in all gloves from other brands. With the CloudRakers, I can fit into a size XS if I am only putting my barehand in it without other layers. A size small allows me to put on a midweight fleece glove under. A size medium would allow me to put a puffy mitt under. For those that are curious, here is the corresponding synthetic puffy mitt that MEC sells that is great to layer under

Also, if anyone misses the old OR lobster gloves, I found these to be the best replacement
These gloves fit true to size and my mediums only allow a pair of lightweight/medium liners.

I'm sure they can be used fine for winter use, but I would stay away from heavy duty tasks such as shoveling snow...I'd imagine the DWR would break down pretty quickly with such agressive use. I've used my drencher lobster-gloves for cross country skiing with no problems

Edited by Konrad1013 on 02/17/2013 15:37:43 MST.

Tom Watkins
(watkins) - F
Thanks on 02/19/2013 13:56:36 MST Print View

Have to thank Dan for all his work on this. Got both mine the other day. Fantastic value even taking in to account shipping to the UK.

(mountainwalker) - MLife

Locale: SF Bay Area & New England
MEC Cloudraker XS Mitt (fits like Small) avail; possibly a T2 Hoody M's L and/or W's M on 02/24/2013 12:57:08 MST Print View

Have an extra pair of Cloudraker Waterproof Mitts in size XS from a buy I did. Note that the Cloudraker Mitts are oversized by one size, so the XS Mitt will fit a Small size hand (I typically wear Medium-Large Mitts and gloves and in the Cloudraker wear a size S). May also have an extra T2 Hoody in a Men's L and Women's M, will know shortly.

The Cloudraker Mitts are the lightest, best value long-coverage waterproof mitts we've ever found.

The T2 Hoody is a fantastic piece, warm for the weight yet very breathable - will work very well with a light wind jacket over a broad range.

Konrad thanks again for letting us know about these and the T2 Hoody.

Cody Bartz
(codybartz) - MLife

Locale: Northern Minnesota
T2 hoodie for sale on 03/03/2013 23:51:14 MST Print View

I have a medium T2 hoodie up for sale. See it here: