Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
MEC T2 hoodie Group Buy?
Display Avatars Sort By:
Konrad .
(Konrad1013) - MLife
MEC T2 hoodie Group Buy? on 01/31/2013 03:36:00 MST Print View

THIS IS CLOSED, THANKS ALL

Everything I have read tells me that these are the MEC equivalent to the new patagonia capilene 4 hoody that's received glowing reviews on BPL (including Dave C's article). However, I cannot guarantee anything, so buyer beware as I am not responsible if they are not similar. I also do not want to deal with returning these to Canada. They are on sale for $25 right now, both men and women's version

These are the facts. MEC charges $19 to ship to the US and it costs $5 to join MEC. I am a member of MEC, but it kills me to pay $19 for a sub 10oz item to be shipped to me.

If you were to buy this item by yourself, it would cost you $25+$19+$5(if you aren't a member). So $44-$49 total.

I'm trying to save a buck, and maybe you want to too. Let me know if you want to join a group buy. I would ask that you pay $36 (this is to cover a portion of the $19 shipping to me, and the additional shipping cost of $3-$7 to get it to your door after the package arrives to me in Boston). I promise to refund any amount if it becomes overwhelmingly clear that I'm benefiting more than anyone else.

I also highly recommend the cloudraker mitts which are ons sale for $19 right now. Amazing...the lightest waterproof mitts I've seen so far. Order some if you want, your total would be $36+$19 (no extra for the mitts since they weigh nothing).

I'm looking for at least 4 people to jump aboard with me. Payment via Paypal PERSONAL/FRIENDS AND FAMILY/GIFT (Whichever avoids fees) Option Only and I need payment before I order, no exceptions. Most people on here should be able to trust me...and if you still don't, then sorry that sucks b/c I thought we were cool :)

I'm hoping to place my order by 4pm (eastern time) before these T2 hoodies sell out (they are at their lowest price I've seen). If you want in, post or PM your size and color and I'll reply with my paypal address. I'll forward all receipts, emails and tracking info so you can follow the progress.

I'm not trying to make money, just chip away at shipping for all parties involved. I may end up saving less than you guys after shipping the orders to your house.

LINKS:

Men's T2 Hoodie:
http://www.mec.ca/AST/ShopMEC/MensClothing/Hoodies/PRD~5023-663/mec-t2-zip-hoodie-mens.jsp

Women's T2 Hoodie:
http://www.mec.ca/AST/ShopMEC/WomensClothing/BaseLayer/Midweight/PRD~5023-684/mec-t2-zip-hoodie-womens.jsp

Cloudraker mitts
http://www.mec.ca/AST/ShopMEC/ClearanceItems/MensClothing/PRD~5020-728/mec-cloudraker-mitts-unisex.jsp

Edited by Konrad1013 on 01/31/2013 07:38:41 MST.

Dan D
(TXBDan)

Locale: Boston, MA
I'm in on 01/31/2013 05:05:00 MST Print View

I'm in for a green Large T2 Hoody. I'll PM you.

Great idea, thanks!

Serge G.
(sgiachetti) - M

Locale: Boulder, CO
T2 on 01/31/2013 05:09:39 MST Print View

I'll speak to the T2 for anyone on the fence: its awesome. Also for fit reference, I'm 6'1, 175lb and the medium fits me well. I tried on the cap4 and the T2 is a slimmer/taller fit with longer arms.

Also, MEC has some amazing deals on puffy jackets right now, primaloft 1 and down.

Konrad, I may PM you about some T2 long johns. Gotta think it over, but I'll let you know soon.

Edited by sgiachetti on 01/31/2013 05:11:33 MST.

Konrad .
(Konrad1013) - MLife
group buy on 01/31/2013 05:13:41 MST Print View

Serge, sounds good. Right now I think I have 2 people on board. Dan's in, and I'm waiting to hear back from another. I'll probably end up placing the order sooner if I get to the 4 person goal, but I'll be sure to PM you if that's the case just to see if you've made up your mind. I assume the T2 tights will weigh about the same as the hoodie, so tack on $9 to the tights cost to figure out how much it will cost to get to you. Thanks.

Man, this would be a great way to get some EU items like Haglofs...

Edited by Konrad1013 on 01/31/2013 05:28:39 MST.

eric chan
(bearbreeder) - F
note on 01/31/2013 05:15:35 MST Print View

note that women also have 19-29$ merino made in canada MEC branded merino tops and bottoms ... and men 29$ merino MEC turtlenecks

do a search for "merino" on their site ... and look for the red clearance prices and colours ... and dont forget the 49-59$ synthetic PL1 puffies ;)

the more you buy the lower as a % shipping becomes

youve seen it all when theres a MEC group buy =P

Konrad .
(Konrad1013) - MLife
Re: note on 01/31/2013 05:21:10 MST Print View

damn it Eric, quit complicating things! :)

This only works, if we buy light, compact items. The minute someone throws in a puffy, it's gonna cost me more than $19 just to ship it from my apartment to their doorstep.

I'd rather avoid it, but if someone really really wants other stuff (that's fairly light and compact) and is willing to pay some extra dough to cover the additional weight that it'll cost me to ship it, I can work something out. Either way, it should be better than forking over $19 per person to our maple syrup loving neighbors :P

Scott Truong
(elf773)

Locale: Vancouver, BC
RE: MEC T2 hoodie Group Buy on 01/31/2013 05:59:02 MST Print View

Dude, if what you're trying to do doesn't pan out, let me know or buy it and get it sent to the store in Vancouver (if it's free shipping) and I'll USPS or whatever is cheapest to you next time I drive down to Washington (which is often).

Konrad .
(Konrad1013) - MLife
MEC Group Buy on 01/31/2013 06:54:22 MST Print View

Aw, thanks for the offer Scott! That's really cool of you and much appreciated. I may hit you up in the future, but I always feel bad making people do extra work when I'm the one trying to be a cheapa$$ :D

Let's go peeps, I need 2 more to get this show on the road!

Edited by Konrad1013 on 01/31/2013 06:56:40 MST.

Ryan W
(RyanW)
Re: MEC Group Buy on 01/31/2013 07:10:50 MST Print View

Well shoot, you are making this too easy!

I'm in. PM on the way

Konrad .
(Konrad1013) - MLife
DONE on 01/31/2013 07:37:59 MST Print View

THIS IS CLOSED. THANKS ALL! ORDER HAS BEEN PLACED! THE GRID FLEECE BEAST IS ON ITS WAY TO USA

Edited by Konrad1013 on 01/31/2013 08:14:14 MST.

tyler marlow
(like.sisyphus)

Locale: UTAH
Too late! on 01/31/2013 08:12:15 MST Print View

Man this is a sweet deal!

Awesome of you Konrad!

Konrad .
(Konrad1013) - MLife
aw damn on 01/31/2013 08:15:31 MST Print View

Sorry Tyler!

There might always be another one in the future.....my girlfriend cant seem to find her cloudraker mitts right now and if they don't turn up soon, maybe I'll organize another group buy to pick some up.

Edited by Konrad1013 on 01/31/2013 08:16:50 MST.

Ben Crocker
(alexdrewreed) - M

Locale: Kentucky
Too late on 01/31/2013 08:41:57 MST Print View

I would be in for one of these id the order is expanded too.

Joseph R
(Dianoda) - MLife

Locale: Chicago, IL
Re: aw damn on 01/31/2013 08:53:45 MST Print View

Anyone out there who's already a member and interested in running a round 2?

Greg Mihalik
(greg23) - M

Locale: Colorado
Re: Re: aw damn on 01/31/2013 08:56:27 MST Print View

$5 for membership is a showstopper?

Just do it.

E J
(mountainwalker) - MLife

Locale: SF Bay Area & New England
Cloudraker Mitts XS, T2 Hoody on 02/24/2013 12:55:51 MST Print View

Have an extra pair of Cloudraker Waterproof Mitts in size XS from a buy I did. Note that the Cloudraker Mitts are oversized by one size, so the XS Mitt will fit a Small size hand (I typically wear Medium-Large Mitts and gloves and in the Cloudraker wear a size S). May also have an extra T2 Hoody in a Men's L and Women's M, will know shortly.

The Cloudraker Mitts are the lightest, best value long-coverage waterproof mitts we've ever found.

The T2 Hoody is a fantastic piece, warm for the weight yet very breathable - will work very well with a light wind jacket over a broad range.

Konrad thanks again for letting us know about these and the T2 Hoody.