Forum Index » Make Your Own Gear » idea for a UL, fabric less backpack--bamboo, carbon fiber, dyneema line--suggestions, feedback welcomed

Display Avatars Sort By:
Daryl Daryl
(lyrad1) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest, USA, Earth
Re: Re: Securing the straps on 03/04/2013 20:31:38 MST Print View

Justin,

Here's how I attach the shoulder straps.

here

Daryl

Peter Evans
(NLslacker)
Frame pack renovation on 03/05/2013 01:20:16 MST Print View

Cool stuff...
I bummed an old World Famous "Mont Blanc" Pack and have stripped it to the frame and plan to build a pack around it with various materials. I'd like to make it possibly a modular system, with various bags that can be attached on depending on the load.
I am considering trying to make some of it with taped tyvek and make it a no-money project.
I am interested to see what kind of solutions you come up with in your project. Frame packs are great fro carrying a big load, and provide great ventilation.
One thing they do is often put most of the load much higher, I suspect this is an advantage in tranferring more of the weight to the hips vertically, rather than pulling back on the straps when the load is lower.

just Justin Whitson
(ArcturusBear) - M
Re: Re: Re: Securing the straps on 03/05/2013 15:54:48 MST Print View

Thank you for sharing that Daryl. Interesting solution to said problem. Gonna look at it a few more times to make sure i understand it correctly. I'm not very "visual" by nature.