November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Mid Makers
Display Avatars Sort By:
Edward Jursek

Locale: Pacific Northwest
Mid Makers on 01/29/2013 09:14:55 MST Print View

I am looking to buy a two person Mid. I have checked out the offerings from MLD and Bearpaw and like them. Are there any other cottage companies that offer a quality 2 person Mid I should look at? I am looking at silnylon rather then cuben to hold down the cost, so I am nixing the Zpacks Hexamid.

Nico .
(NickB) - MLife

Locale: Los Padres National Forest
Mids on 01/29/2013 10:13:28 MST Print View

There's also SMD, Oware and Locus Gear which can all make mids or mid-type shelters.

There's a few companies that offer tipi style tents like Seek Outside, Kifaru and Ruta Locura.

Then there's a few non-cottage options like Golite and Black Diamond.

There might be some others too that I'm forgetting.

kevin timm
(ktimm) - MLife

Locale: Colorado (SeekOutside)
LBO on 01/29/2013 10:20:32 MST Print View

Shameless self post

The SO LBO is sort of a mid hybrid, it depends on how you configure it. We do manufacture larger tipi style tents as well.

Bradford Rogers
(Mocs123) - MLife

Locale: Southeast Tennessee
Re: Mid Makers on 01/29/2013 11:39:52 MST Print View

The Oware Alphamid seems to compare favorably to the Duomid. The Oware website leaves something to be desired however.

Jason Elsworth
(jephoto) - M

Locale: New Zealand
Mid Makers on 01/29/2013 12:21:57 MST Print View

Locus Gear. Expensive though

Edward Jursek

Locale: Pacific Northwest
Thanks! on 01/29/2013 13:47:16 MST Print View

I now consider my due diligence complete. I am going to pull the trigger on a MLD Duo Mid soon. I appreciate all of the information.