Forum Index » Photo Gallery » 5th Annual Gathering of Gear Geeks 2013: Henry Coe State Park, California

Display Avatars Sort By:
rowan !
(romonster) - M

Locale: SF Bay Area
Tony's Photos on 01/31/2013 23:11:33 MST Print View

Tony,

I think (although I'm not *absolutely* sure) that the pink pack Sharon is modeling is a Gossamer Gear prototype, not Six Moon Designs.

The black bike in photo number 8 is a Bike Friday. They're made in Eugene, Oregon. I'm not sure what model, though; possibly a New World Tourist?

The purple bike in photo number 12 is a Surly Pugsley. I hear they're lots of fun to ride on sand or snow!

Tony Wong
(Valshar) - MLife

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area
Re: Tony's Photos on 01/31/2013 23:36:40 MST Print View

Rowan,

Thanks for pointing that out....I confirmed it with Ken.

I made a big mistake that I need to clean up in the photos and captions.

I looked back at the photos that I posted and realized that the Grey pack that Doug was holding was a Gossamer Gear pack...for whatever reason, I thought that everything around the van was Six Moon Designs "stuff".

Sorry about that....huge mistake on my part.

Anything you see that is wrong or if you would like me to add additional information into the captions, please PM me!

Way too much happening at these things for my tiny mind to remember.

Won't be posting tonight...three late nights in a row working on this stuff after late nights at work or after martial arts class.

Getting to bed early tonight....will continue on Friday night or Saturday for sure.

Appreciate your patience.

-Tony

Sharon J.
(squark) - F

Locale: SF Bay area
great weekend on 02/01/2013 14:04:57 MST Print View

Want to add my thanks to everyone for a great experience. I'm pretty new to backpacking of any weight, so I really appreciate everyone taking the time to talk to me, show my their gear, and generally make me feel welcome. Really enjoyed chatting with John, Amy, Doug, Tony, Hiking Jim, Mark, Debbie.... (apologies to anyone I'm forgetting!) Extra thanks to Ken for putting this together, Marc for bringing the firewood and water, and Rowan for good company on the road and patience with all the delays.

Rick Horne
(Rick778) - M

Locale: NorCal - South Bay - Campbell
Pictures on 02/03/2013 15:32:58 MST Print View

I wish I would have discovered this thread before I added pictures elsewhere. I will repost here for continuity.

My daughter took most of these pictures. Thought we would share.

Getting ready to head out from the overflow parking lot.
Parking Lot

Double rainbow we watched on the hike in.
Double Rainbow

On the way to Manzanita Point.
Rainbow

Wild Pig Traps
Wild Pig Traps

Home away from home - Double rainbow.
Home Away From Home

Preparing dinner.
Dinner

Friday Night Sunset
Sunset

Forest Jungle Gym
Jungle Gym

Manfred was kind enough to bring several GPS's, teach the kids to use them and place a bunch of geocaches for them to find.
GPS

Along with Manfred's our small group, Jeremy, his son Justin, my daughter and I found 3 "official geocaches".
Geocache

One of Manfred's many geocaches.
Geocache

Jeremy and Justin taking a little break at China Hole.
Jeremy & Justin

It would be interesting to find out the history of this old cabin.
Cabin

Found a little friend on the trail.
Salamander

Hiking up out of the valley, don't want to be late for the "burn off".
Almost there

Tony being Tony around Saturday nights fire. Something about squirrels with cameras -----
Tony

Heading out Sunday morning.
Heading Out

Mount Doom.
Mount Doom

Almost there.
Heading Out

Park Headquarters
Headquarters

Back where we started
Parking Lot

Edited by Rick778 on 02/03/2013 16:01:37 MST.

rowan !
(romonster) - M

Locale: SF Bay Area
Re: Tony's Photos on 02/04/2013 22:47:59 MST Print View

The pink pack was a prototype that was designed to fit women, and they wanted to see how it fit on as many different women as possible. The conclusion was that some areas needed a bit of adjustment. But one of the coolest things is that the new fabric used in the pack is both lighter and stronger than their standard fabric. Apparently the color just happened to be what was available for the sample. Of course I loved the color, but I think my opinion was in the minority there!

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: 5th Annual Gathering of Gear Geeks 2013: Henry Coe State Park, California on 02/10/2013 23:14:38 MST Print View

Forgot I took these. I got one of Henry though. In shorts no less.

John Abela
(JohnAbela) - MLife

Locale: www.hikelighter.com
Re: 5th Annual Gathering of Gear Geeks 2013: Henry Coe State Park, California on 05/08/2013 00:57:38 MDT Print View

Regarding:

#15 Unknown Models of Zpacks

The first one is an alpha version of a front panel loader I am developing in cooperation with ZPacks.

The second is a default ZPacks Arc Blast.