Forum Index » GEAR » Portable USB Battery charger recommendations

Display Avatars Sort By:
Stephen M
(stephenm) - MLife

Locale: Lartnec Nagihcim
Portable USB Battery charger recommendations on 01/26/2013 13:34:08 MST Print View

Hi folks,

Looking to buy a USB battery charger and looking for recommendations.
It would be to charging USB devices.

Cheers,

Stephen

Ken Strayer
(TheRambler) - F
Re:"Portable USB Battery charger recommendations" on 01/26/2013 13:45:37 MST Print View

IMO the easiest, most hassle free, and lightest way is to buy a battery pack. I personally like and prefer New Trent battery packs. Buy the size that you need, and your good to go. I personally have the 9900mah battery pack, that is one of the larger models, but fits me needs so i eat the weight penalty. I use the battery pack to recharge my iphone, my headlamp, and gps if its along. They make anywhere from 1800mah-15000mah packs i believe.

Stephen M
(stephenm) - MLife

Re: Re:"Portable USB Battery charger recommendations" on 01/26/2013 13:53:07 MST Print View

Thanks very much Ken, the 7000mh one would do me perfectly.

Mike W
(skopeo) - F - M

Locale: British Columbia
USB Charger... on 01/26/2013 15:22:09 MST Print View

I have a Solar Focus charger that works well when paired with Lithium AA batteries. It comes with rechargeable batteries but I prefer to use lithium non-rechargeables. Nice to be able to replace the batteries.

The charger weighs 2.5 oz (which includes two lithium AA batteries). It comes with a USB plugin piece that is a universal clamp for charging small camera batteries (which works very well). You can also get a solar panel that works with this but that doesn't interest me.

http://www.mec.ca/AST/ShopMEC/Electronics/BatteriesChargers/ChargersAdapters/PRD~5021-644/solarfocus-solar-battery-bank.jsp

Edited to correct the weight of the charger.

Edited by skopeo on 01/27/2013 20:14:54 MST.

Stephen M
(stephenm) - MLife

Re: USB Charger... on 01/26/2013 18:42:10 MST Print View

Thanks very much Mike.

Just ordered an Anker 5600mh unit.

Thanks all for your help.

Edited by stephenm on 01/26/2013 21:45:08 MST.