Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Pro Expedition sled for a pulk--Boulder, CO
Display Avatars Sort By:
Gary Dunckel
(Zia-Grill-Guy) - MLife

Locale: Boulder
Pro Expedition sled for a pulk--Boulder, CO on 01/26/2013 12:27:56 MST Print View

Attention, all you Boulderite wannabee pulkers! I was at McGuckin's yesterday, and I saw that they had 8 Pro Expedition sleds marked down to $26. The labels didn't say "Paris," but they look exactly like the Paris Expedition I bought at REI 5 years ago. Here's your chance to make a pulk cheaply.

Stuart .
(lotuseater) - M

Locale: 40°N,-105°W-ish
Pulk on 01/26/2013 20:33:17 MST Print View

Nice find, Gary! I saw them a couple of weeks ago at full price ($39) and I'm glad I hesitated. Of course, with the lack of a winter so far I am not surprised McGuckins are discounting them. There may not be many opportunities to use one this season.

Tad Englund
(bestbuilder) - F - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest
Re: Pulk on 01/26/2013 23:03:57 MST Print View

Anyone know where I can get one in the Seattle area?

Mike Oxford
(moxford) - MLife

Locale: Silicon Valley, CA
Seattle on 01/29/2013 14:11:45 MST Print View

True Value has a shipping center in either Oregon or Washington, sorry that I cannot remember. They have the Paris there, but shipping to California was too much for me.

G'luck

-mox

J H L
(jake.L) - F

Locale: Katahdin
Paris Pro Expedition Sleds on 02/05/2013 05:44:00 MST Print View

Aubuchon Hardware here in New England has the orange Paris Pro Expedition sleds for $29.99. Looks like McGuckin's can also ship their sleds for $6.99 cross country.
(EDIT): The $6.99 shipping was a website error, these must be picked up in store.

Edited by jake.L on 03/11/2013 11:09:50 MDT.

Backpack Jack
(jumpbackjack) - F - M

Locale: Armpit of California
Paris Pro Expedition Sleds on 02/05/2013 08:56:20 MST Print View

Can someone give me the info on McGuckin's so I an see if they will ship one to me.

Thanks, Jack

Randy Nelson
(rlnunix) - F - M

Locale: Rockies
McGukins on 02/05/2013 16:34:20 MST Print View

https://store.mcguckin.com/inet/home.html

Backpack Jack
(jumpbackjack) - F - M

RE McGukins on 02/05/2013 22:14:58 MST Print View

Thanks,
Ordered 1, $35.80 to my front door, let it snow!

Edited by jumpbackjack on 02/05/2013 22:27:54 MST.

Tad Englund
(bestbuilder) - F - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest
Re: Paris Pro Expedition Sleds on 03/06/2013 22:03:37 MST Print View

I called McGuckin's and they said shipping would be $40 extra- when I asked about the $6.99 they said it was a software error and they fixed it.

So I found out the True Value got some in there distribution center; so I called the local True Value and had them order one in- $34.99 and no shipping costs. Good deal for me and the local guy gets the money- everyone wins.

Backpack Jack
(jumpbackjack) - F - M

Re: Paris Pro Expedition Sleds on 03/09/2013 11:53:30 MST Print View

Just an update,

McGuckin's backed out of the sale, before my last post I contacted someone at their store who verified they had 4 on the show room floor, I placed my order the next morning only to find out they would not fill it, saying item no longer in stock, come on really!, from the night before until the next morning. I think it had to do with what Tad said, shipping, they probably didn't want to ship something that big for such a nominal fee, I understand that, but at least tell me it cost more to ship instead of saying it's out of stock. I replied with another email to them that day and never got a response back.

Tad what store did you buy your's at, was it in Ca.? My local True value said there wasn't any in Ca. stock to ship to my local town.

Thanks, Jack

Stuart .
(lotuseater) - M

Locale: 40°N,-105°W-ish
McGuckin on 03/09/2013 14:08:55 MST Print View

Sorry to hear that, Jack. McGuckin Hardware is my local store, and over the years I've had great customer service from them. I just popped in there having read your post, and sure enough they are out of stock and won't be getting any more in this season.

When I bought mine at the end of January there were at least another 4-5 on display. It was either bad timing, and their inventory system wasn't updated in real time, or - more likely - they realised they'd lose their shirts on shipping. Goo luck finding somewhere closer to home that will supply one to you at a reasonable price.

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: MidAtlantic
Re: Paris Pro Expedition Sleds on 03/09/2013 14:29:24 MST Print View

What about something like this?

http://www.lowes.com/pd_95157-1606-1140L_0__?productId=3110069&Ntt=sled&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNtt%3Dsled&facetInfo=

Backpack Jack
(jumpbackjack) - F - M

Re: Paris Pro Expedition Sleds on 03/09/2013 14:56:02 MST Print View

Thanks,you're amazing Doug!

I think I'm going to change my original plan to a Pelican 45, but I can't find those local either.

Jack

Ian B.
(IDBLOOM) - MLife

Locale: PNW
Re: Re: Paris Pro Expedition Sleds on 03/09/2013 18:14:31 MST Print View

Here's one option from Cabela's

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Otter-Sport-Sled-Medium/1248638.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3DsearchForm%26N%3D0%26fsch%3Dtrue%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3Dsled%26x%3D-891%26y%3D-51%26WTz_l%3DHeader%253BSearch-All%2BProducts&Ntt=sled&WTz_l=Header%3BSearch-All+Products

I've had a hard time finding the Paris sled in Washington and finally picked one up from Ranch and Home in the Tri Cities. Obviously not very convenient from Seattle but if you had family out this way maybe a possibility. I purchased it there a month ago for $40 so won't know until later this week if they still have them or if they are on clearance.