Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Family Bike Tour
Display Avatars Sort By:
James DeGraaf
(jdegraaf) - MLife

Locale: Bay Area
Family Bike Tour on 01/21/2013 14:26:37 MST Print View

Hi Guys,
My family has completed our first bicycle tour. Come check out our video and give us feedback please.
Thank you,
James

https://vimeo.com/57879076

David Lutz
(davidlutz)

Family Bike Tour on 01/21/2013 21:45:59 MST Print View

Very nice, James, I like it! I like these creative urban trips, just shows what you can do close to home.

Who makes your panniers?

James DeGraaf
(jdegraaf) - MLife

Re: Family Bike Tour on 01/22/2013 08:17:28 MST Print View

Hi David,
The panniers are made by Ortlieb. I think the company is based in Germany but they are sold here. You can find them at REI among other places. I purchased mine, however, from www.thetouringstore.com great customer service, lots of options for mixing and matching sets together to meet your needs/wants and priced better than at REI.

Take care and maybe we'll see you out there on the road sometime.
Peace,
James

KAVIN CARON
(asterias) - MLife

Locale: quebec
nice trip on 01/23/2013 08:16:33 MST Print View

Very nice trip.!!My wife fall in love with your children!they are so cute

Andrew Clark
(datsclark)

Locale: San Francisco
local on 01/23/2013 10:51:06 MST Print View

Did you leave the camera at the top?!

Seriously -- great video. I like to see local things where you can get away leaving right from the house. Too often we drive for hours to start a trip!

Tjaard Breeuwer
(Tjaard) - MLife

Locale: Minnesota, USA
Nice! on 01/31/2013 11:26:26 MST Print View

Very nice movie!
Hope your kids loved it. Mine do! My daughter is already asking to go bikepacking again this coming summer.

Edited by Tjaard on 01/31/2013 11:29:57 MST.

Jim W.
(jimqpublic) - MLife

Locale: So-Cal
Family Bike. on 01/31/2013 11:50:43 MST Print View

Great video!

My wife and I used to bike tour a lot, but then the kids came along. We imagined popping them in a trailer and heading off to the sunset. A few day trips when they were 3 and 1 and we gave up- for way too long. Now they're 10 and 12 and we want to do some trips. Trying to figure out an appropriate route. Hopefully this summer. Trying to figure out something near the Central California coast but without heavy traffic.