Forum Index » GEAR » Backpacking Light PRO 90 Balaclava equivalent?

Display Avatars Sort By:
Bradford Rogers
(Mocs123) - MLife

Locale: Southeast Tennessee
Backpacking Light PRO 90 Balaclava equivalent? on 01/20/2013 14:12:22 MST Print View

I have a well worn Backpacking Light PRO 90 Balaclava (90 g/m2 Polarguard Delta and Pertex Quantum Shell) that I am looking to replace, however I have found several great looking down options, but am looking for a synthetic options. Does anyone know of any that I might have overlooked?

''V'' (veylupek)
(CzechClown) - MLife

Locale: JMT/PCT
BALACLAVA on 01/20/2013 14:42:28 MST Print View

Perhaps, this is what you are looking for.Goose Head

http://www.zpacks.com/large_image.shtml?accessories/goosehood/goose_hood_green_side_l.jpg

Edited by CzechClown on 01/20/2013 14:52:25 MST.

Scott S
(sschloss1) - F

Locale: New England
Re: Balaclava on 01/20/2013 17:19:58 MST Print View

I searched up and down the internet for an equivalent to the BPL balaclava. The closest I could find was the Integral Designs primalid (a puffy synthetic beanie) + a fleece neck gaiter).

Then, I lucked out and managed to buy a coccoon balaclava from someone on the site. Maybe someone else has one to sell...?

Bradford Rogers
(Mocs123) - MLife

Locale: Southeast Tennessee
Re: Backpacking Light PRO 90 Balaclava equivalent? on 06/23/2013 07:00:58 MDT Print View

Is there anything new in this arena? I would really like to find a balaclava insulated with Polarguard Apex or similar that around 2oz. I am not sure that fleece would be warm enough for me for sleeping at 20*F, and though I am usually a big proponent of down gear, I am not sure that one would work well for me for this application. My BPL Pro 90 Balaclava has worked well for me for years.

Link .
(annapurna) - MLife
Re: Re: Backpacking Light PRO 90 Balaclava equivalent? on 06/23/2013 08:45:09 MDT Print View

You would have to make it yourself,and it not exactly the same but there is this .I recently bought one off of gear swap from someone who was selling 2 brand new pro 90 balaclavas.