I’m planning my first visit to the Western Superstitions January 25-28 (3 nights) and could use some local advice. My only plan so far is to park at a trailhead, then roam around the west half of the wilderness area.
- What are the “must see” places/trails?
- Can anyone recommend good camp locations? I’m used to designated campsites and this is my first time in a true Wilderness area.
- Are there any spots with cell phone coverage? My wife worries.
- Water. My map (Beartooth Publishing) shows a number of creeks. Are most creeks running/reliable at this time of year?
- Is Peralta a good choice to park a rental car?
Any other advice would be gratefully received.