Women's cut summer (40-45*) bag?
Display Avatars Sort By:
Sumi Wada
(DetroitTigerFan) - F

Locale: Ann Arbor
Women's cut summer (40-45*) bag? on 01/15/2013 12:44:06 MST Print View

I'm looking for a 40-45 degree sleeping bag, as light as possible, in a women's cut. I'm only 5'2", so would prefer a short length for efficiency. I don't need a hood, can be flexible about the zipper length. I'd expect the fill amount to be in the 8-10oz range.

I've confirmed that I don't like quilts. I also don't like the stretch ones for summer.

Western Mountaineering bags don't fit me well -- too narrow in the hips for their lightest models.

Feathered Friends doesn't really make bags above 30* (which I already have.)

Any suggestions? I currently have an older Sierra Designs Wicked Light.

Konrad .
(Konrad1013) - MLife
golite on 01/15/2013 13:45:20 MST Print View

Sumi, the Women's GoLite Adrenaline 40°F is a discontinued bag, but you may be able to find one used or new on the forums, ebay etc. Excellent excellent bag that never got the attention it deserved. It was conservatively rated given that it weighed 19 oz with 10.4 oz of 800fp down fill. Sewn through baffles (if it were fully baffled, I suspect this would have been a 30-35 degree bag). They came in 2 sizes...the smallest was only meant for users up to 5'5" but I still fit in it even though I'm 5'9"

Around 2010, golite rebranded their sleeping bags and switched to recycled fabrics. The Women's Golite Adrenaline 40F became the Golite Women's 1-season, and gained 2 ounces due to the recycled fabric's increased weight. This place still has em in stock apparently: http://www.cyclocamping.com/Sleeping_Bags/golite_adrenaline_1season_sleeping_bag_women_reg/260005110-75.aspx

Seems like an okay deal...but I would try to find the original adrenaline bag maybe.

Edited by Konrad1013 on 01/15/2013 13:50:49 MST.