Forum Index » Gear Swap » WTS: Kooka Bay Mummy Pad

Display Avatars Sort By:
Chase Norton
(Micronorton) - F
SOLD: Kooka Bay Mummy Pad on 01/08/2013 21:48:35 MST Print View

I bought this years ago and has worked great. Never had any leaks or need of repairs. Moving to a colder climate and need something with a bit more insulation. Not sure what these are going for these days since the company is out of business so send me your best offer and Ill take it into consideration.

Edited by Micronorton on 01/18/2013 17:38:46 MST.

Will Inman
(Empacitator) - MLife

Locale: Western Australia
Re: WTS: Kooka Bay Mummy Pad on 01/08/2013 22:52:06 MST Print View

Hi Chase, I'm interested in the pad but could you please provide some further information on dimentions, R-Value etc? Is it Down or Synthetic?

Chase Norton
(Micronorton) - F
Re: Re: WTS: Kooka Bay Mummy Pad on 01/08/2013 23:25:01 MST Print View

Dimentions: 72x20x2.5"
No Insulation
R value is very little due to lack of insulation.

Not my image but looks exactly like this:koo

Hope this helps!

Chase

Will Inman
(Empacitator) - MLife

Locale: Western Australia
Re: Re: Re: WTS: Kooka Bay Mummy Pad on 01/09/2013 01:51:28 MST Print View

Thanks for the details unfortunately I was looking for a Kooka Bay Pad with insulation. Good luck with your sale

Toby Salz
(tobysalz)
kooka bay on 01/09/2013 02:17:08 MST Print View

what's the weight?

Chase Norton
(Micronorton) - F
Re: kooka bay on 01/09/2013 11:20:53 MST Print View

Weight comes out to 14.4oz on my scale

Chase Norton
(Micronorton) - F
Kooka Bay Mummy Pad on 01/11/2013 10:03:30 MST Print View

bump

Chase Norton
(Micronorton) - F
Kooka Bay Mummy Pad $50 on 01/16/2013 00:20:13 MST Print View

I am offering this pad for $50 if anyone wants it just PM me

Thank you

Chase

Chase Norton
(Micronorton) - F
Price bump on 01/18/2013 10:49:28 MST Print View

$45

Clayton Mauritzen
(GlacierRambler) - M

Locale: NW Montana
Re: Price bump on 01/18/2013 17:23:17 MST Print View

At that price, you cut open the tubes, add some Climashield, and reseal it with a hot iron. Then you'd have an insulated pad that is only an inch or two shorter.

This is a fantastic deal.

Chase Norton
(Micronorton) - F
Sold on 01/18/2013 17:37:41 MST Print View

Sold it

C Bliss
(norfolk)
still waiting... on 02/12/2013 08:10:24 MST Print View

Hi Chase - still haven't received this pad, though it has been 3 weeks. Been PM'ing you too. Thoughts?

C Bliss
(norfolk)
what's the deal on 02/18/2013 07:54:15 MST Print View

Just a head's up to anyone who might be dealing with Chase - I never received this pad although I paid for it a month ago, and Chase hasn't responded to multiple attempts to contact him. Also, the email address associated with his Paypal account has been deactivated, so there's no contacting him there (or contesting the transaction).

Not sure what this is all about because he seemed like a legit forum member, but it doesn't look good. I'm out $45 and still need a mat...

Edited by norfolk on 02/18/2013 07:54:49 MST.

Dena Kelley
(EagleRiverDee) - M

Locale: Eagle River, Alaska
re "What's the deal" on 02/18/2013 11:31:58 MST Print View

Hopefully there's a legitimate explanation. I hate the thought of a forum member ripping another forum member off.

If you don't receive your pad, a good buy on a similar pad is through Hikelight, and their pad does have nominal insulation. I own one in the regular size, it's a decent pad, although I'm tempted to try Big Agnes just to see if I sleep better on a thicker pad. But it's hard to beat the price of this one new.

http://hikelight.com/pacific-outdoor-equipment-peak-elite-ac.html

C Bliss
(norfolk)
ugh on 02/18/2013 11:37:00 MST Print View

Yeah, hopefully he just left on a big trip or something. Thanks for the links!

Edited by norfolk on 02/18/2013 11:37:31 MST.

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: MidAtlantic
Re: ugh on 02/18/2013 11:38:18 MST Print View

Doesn't excuse the fact that he should have taken care of a 'paying customer' before leaving, but he was raising money for some desert hike on Kickstarter, so perhaps he's out on that.

Chase Norton
(Micronorton) - F
Re: what's the deal on 03/24/2013 19:59:26 MDT Print View

C Bliss,

First, let me apologize! I have been on a trek and instructed others (my family) to send off the pad, which they seem to have failed to do. Surprisingly, I have not been able to sit down in front of a computer for months now and, even more, a friend of mine had to alert me to this ongoing post and your concerns. I will be sending you the pad tomorrow (with tracking number) morning and will reimburse you the full amount. Consider this the least I can do to say I am sorry for over a month of non response and lack of product. I am very sorry and if I can do anything else please let me know.

Chase

Chase Norton
(Micronorton) - F
Re: ugh on 03/24/2013 20:00:41 MDT Print View

C Bliss,

First, let me apologize! I have been on a trek and instructed others (my family) to send off the pad, which they seem to have failed to do. Surprisingly, I have not been able to sit down in front of a computer for months now and, even more, a friend of mine had to alert me to this ongoing post and your concerns. I will be sending you the pad tomorrow (with tracking number) morning and will reimburse you the full amount. Consider this the least I can do to say I am sorry for over a month of non response and lack of product. I am very sorry and if I can do anything else please let me know.

Chase

C Bliss
(norfolk)
Re: Re: ugh on 03/24/2013 20:43:06 MDT Print View

No big deal, it happens. I'm looking forward to the pad. Cheers.

Chase Norton
(Micronorton) - F
Refund on 03/25/2013 12:38:29 MDT Print View

The money was refunded to you just now and I am heading to the post office now to send off the pad.