November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
FS: MYOG Down Quilt
Display Avatars Sort By:
Remington Roth

Locale: Atlantic Coast
FS: MYOG Down Quilt on 01/07/2013 15:45:00 MST Print View

I posted a WTB thread about four months ago. Ben Smith from Goosefeet replied and sold me this quilt for either $100 or $120 (I can't remember which.) It was a prototype of sorts that he had lying around. He didn't remember whether it was 800, 850, or 900 FP down. Ben rated the quilt as approximately 35F or 40F. I think he said the quilt's fabric is M50, but I honestly don't remember. I have no issues with it's construction; but as shown below, it's missing one side of a buckle on a strap (I received it like this and never got around to fixing it.) There's a pin hole in the fabric at one point, which I patched with some tape (also shown below.) The footbox has velcro to open for venting. The length is 6 feet.

Since receiving it, I've taken it on one weekend trip and stored it uncompressed since. The temperature on that trip dropped as lower as 40F. FWIW, I slept comfortably.

I'm selling because I'm too paranoid about getting down wet (although I've never actually gotten down wet.) Most of my gear has synthetic insulation. I replaced this quilt with an MLD Spirit Quilt so I wouldn't need to worry about moisture. The down-vs-synthetic debate is all personal preference though.

The quilt weighs 500g (17.86oz) on my scale.

$100 shipped

I'm happy to answer any questions. I may not know the answers though.

For those who haven't heard of Goosefeet, I highly recommend Ben's work.
He operates from here:

*edit: added length

Edited by remjroth on 01/07/2013 16:17:11 MST.

Kristopher Dunn
(linuxhack) - F
Questions on 01/07/2013 17:02:31 MST Print View

I am interested in the quilt, but have a couple of questions.

Is the top of the quilt baffled as opposed to sewn-through?
It appears that the floor of the footbox (black in the picure) has no insulation. Is that correct?

Remington Roth

Re: Questions on 01/07/2013 17:13:19 MST Print View

I am pretty sure that the quilt is baffled.
And correct, there is no insulation under the footbox.

Remington Roth

Re: Re: Questions on 01/07/2013 17:32:38 MST Print View

Edited by remjroth on 01/08/2013 17:40:47 MST.