FS: MYOG Down Quilt
Display Avatars Sort By:
Remington Roth
(remjroth) - F

Locale: Atlantic Coast
FS: MYOG Down Quilt on 01/07/2013 15:45:00 MST Print View

I posted a WTB thread about four months ago. Ben Smith from Goosefeet replied and sold me this quilt for either $100 or $120 (I can't remember which.) It was a prototype of sorts that he had lying around. He didn't remember whether it was 800, 850, or 900 FP down. Ben rated the quilt as approximately 35F or 40F. I think he said the quilt's fabric is M50, but I honestly don't remember. I have no issues with it's construction; but as shown below, it's missing one side of a buckle on a strap (I received it like this and never got around to fixing it.) There's a pin hole in the fabric at one point, which I patched with some tape (also shown below.) The footbox has velcro to open for venting. The length is 6 feet.

Since receiving it, I've taken it on one weekend trip and stored it uncompressed since. The temperature on that trip dropped as lower as 40F. FWIW, I slept comfortably.

I'm selling because I'm too paranoid about getting down wet (although I've never actually gotten down wet.) Most of my gear has synthetic insulation. I replaced this quilt with an MLD Spirit Quilt so I wouldn't need to worry about moisture. The down-vs-synthetic debate is all personal preference though.

The quilt weighs 500g (17.86oz) on my scale.

$100 shipped

a
bbbbb
ccccc
ddddd
eeeee

I'm happy to answer any questions. I may not know the answers though.

For those who haven't heard of Goosefeet, I highly recommend Ben's work.
He operates from here:
https://goosefeetgear.com/

*edit: added length

Edited by remjroth on 01/07/2013 16:17:11 MST.

Kris Dunn
(linuxhack) - F
Questions on 01/07/2013 17:02:31 MST Print View

I am interested in the quilt, but have a couple of questions.

Is the top of the quilt baffled as opposed to sewn-through?
It appears that the floor of the footbox (black in the picure) has no insulation. Is that correct?

Thanks
--Kris

Remington Roth
(remjroth) - F

Re: Questions on 01/07/2013 17:13:19 MST Print View

I am pretty sure that the quilt is baffled.
And correct, there is no insulation under the footbox.

Cheers,
Rem

Remington Roth
(remjroth) - F

Re: Re: Questions on 01/07/2013 17:32:38 MST Print View

SOLD

Edited by remjroth on 01/08/2013 17:40:47 MST.