Steep And Female
Display Avatars Sort By:
Scott Peterson
(scottalanp) - F

Locale: Northern California
Steep And Female on 04/05/2007 09:55:46 MDT Print View

Is it me, or has Steep and Cheap become the Anne Taylor Loft of the discount gear world??? (I am showing my metrosex side with the reference, I know.)

Adam Rothermich
(aroth87) - F

Locale: Missouri Ozarks
Re: Steep And Female on 04/05/2007 10:30:21 MDT Print View

They've always had more women's clothes/gear than men's. I always just kind of guessed that since they take their inventory from Backcountry.com that they have more leftover women's stuff that men's. That was just my very simple logic to justify to myself the same observation you have made. Maybe I'm just old-fashioned (some might say sexist) but it seems to me that there would be more men buying gear from Backcountry than women. Or maybe its just that guys are too cheap to buy their significant others gear at regular price and they can sell more of it over at SAC. They always seem to sell out of whatever they put out.
Hopefully I didn't dig myself into too deep of a hole...

Adam

Sarah Kirkconnell
(sarbar) - F

Locale: In the shadow of Mt. Rainier
Re: Steep And Female on 04/05/2007 10:58:54 MDT Print View

Sounds like I need to hit SAC more often ;-)

John Garberson
(Montana) - F
Re: Re: Steep And Female on 04/06/2007 09:10:50 MDT Print View

A tip for those not familiar with SAC...instant alerts are available. Easily set up, new offerings will pop up on your Desktop (one did while I was typing this) and are accompanied by a single bell tone. While I find the bell harsh and sometimes aggravating it does the job -- I can hear the alarm from other rooms. The alarm calling me back to the computer was how I scored a low price SmartWool pullover.

Seems like there's lots of SW items for women too.

Joe Clement
(skinewmexico) - MLife

Locale: Southwest
SAC on 04/06/2007 15:24:55 MDT Print View

I hate that desktop alert. My debit card jumps out of my wallet on it's own. And you know......if you're careful with colors, no one knows what you're wearing is womens!

Joshua Mitchell
(jdmitch) - F

Locale: Kansas
Re: SAC on 04/06/2007 15:59:00 MDT Print View

"I hate that desktop alert. My debit card jumps out of my wallet on it's own. And you know......if you're careful with colors, no one knows what you're wearing is womens!"

Wow... *blinks*... I presume you picked up one of the Ibex pull overs today?

Edited by jdmitch on 04/06/2007 15:59:35 MDT.