November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter do you all feel about Oregon??
Display Avatars Sort By:
jerry adams
(retiredjerry) - MLife

Locale: Oregon and Washington
Re: :) on 01/24/2013 23:26:34 MST Print View

That's why we don't allow self serve

to irritate people that might move here so they don't

Nick Gatel
(ngatel) - MLife

Locale: Southern California
Re: Re: :) on 01/24/2013 23:56:49 MST Print View

You know California is sending many of its ultra-liberals to Oregon to infiltrate your state government, don't you? Soon Oregon will be a California clone. Enjoy.

edited for spelling.

Edited by ngatel on 01/25/2013 11:09:40 MST.

Ian B.

Locale: PNW
re: op on 01/25/2013 09:19:24 MST Print View

I think what we've all learned here is that a) Portland is a lovely city to move to, b) be prepared to have someone pump your gas, c) fossil fuels are a finite resource, and, d) at Voodoo Doughnuts you can eat a peach fritter the size of a human head.

Hope this helped

Jeffs Eleven
(WoodenWizard) - F

Locale: Greater Mt Tabor
Re: Re: Re: :) on 01/25/2013 11:03:04 MST Print View

"Soon Oregon will be a California clone. Enjoy." (I put the 'l' in clone)

Montana here we come!

(sorry Montanites) :)

Jim Colten
(jcolten) - M

Locale: MN
Re: Let the Free Market Decide!! on 01/25/2013 14:22:45 MST Print View

@Micheal L who said I like true competition.

So would I .... but it is SO rare. We do not have a functional market and have not for a long time. The only kind of competition you're likely to encounter is similar to that experienced if you are hiking up wind and quietly in a forested patch and come around the corner to find yourself 10 meters from a grizzly bear. The outcome is predetermined.