Forum Index » Gear Swap » WTB: Inflatable Pillow, UL Tent Stakes, IMUSA or cheap Pots w/ Lids

Display Avatars Sort By:
Cole Crawford
(CDC43339) - F

Locale: Omaha
WTB: Inflatable Pillow, UL Tent Stakes, IMUSA or cheap Pots w/ Lids on 12/27/2012 20:32:56 MST Print View

Looking for an Exped or similar air pillow, preferably size medium.

Trying to find some lightweight tent stakes as well - preferably titanium. I'd need 10 of those.

And lastly, trying to put together my cook set - need a pot and a mug. Pot needs to be around 900mL to 1.3 L, mug around half that. I'm looking at the IMUSA pots (removing the mug handle to nest them) which are really cheap, but can't find any lids which might be a deal killer. If you have the lids or other cheap pots, let me know.

Thanks all!

Backpack Jack
(jumpbackjack) - F - M

Locale: Armpit of California
Imusa mug lid on 12/28/2012 00:48:09 MST Print View

Cole,

For my lids I made 2, One was from Titanium which can be pricy, but the other I made from one of those dollar store pie pans and it's half the weight of the Titanium lid.

Take the pie pan and place the mug upside down on the pie pan with the pie pan in the up postion, trace around the mug, then at 12 o-clock, 3 o-clock, 6 o-clock and 9 o-clock draw about a 1/4" X 1/2" tab.

Take a good pair of sissors and cut the circle out, also cutting out around the tabs, once you have it cut out sand the edges so they're not sharp, then place the lid on your mug and bend the tabs over, viola! your done. You can also put a piece of foil tape on top to lift the lid off without burning your hands.

lid

lid

This lid has 6 tabs, but the Titanium only has 4, and they only cost a $1.00 for 2.

You will need to be careful not to cut yourself, (i.e... sand the edges) and also it's a little flimsy, I wouldn't want to pile a bunch of stuff on top of it, I'd probably put it in the top of my pack, the Titanium is much tuffer.

Jack

Edited by jumpbackjack on 12/28/2012 00:50:58 MST.

George Maung
(georgemaung) - F

Locale: BayArea
IMUSA lid on 12/28/2012 01:46:23 MST Print View

Hi Jack

How did you make the Ti lid? How much does it weight.

Thanks

Brian B
(brianb) - MLife

Locale: Washington, DC
Re: lightweight tent stakes on 12/28/2012 04:34:57 MST Print View

See http://lawsonequipment.com/

Titanium Ti-Hook Tent Stake: $1.50 each

Specifications:
-Length: 6.5"
-Material: 6AL-4V Titanium
-Shape: Round
-Weight: 6.5 grams Each
-Handcrafted in the USA

(free shipping when you spend $10)

Cole Crawford
(CDC43339) - F

Locale: Omaha
Thanks on 12/28/2012 12:42:38 MST Print View

Thanks Brian, those look like a great deal.

Jack - excellent idea, I'll definitely be doing this! Did the pie tin lids hold up all right?

Tony Ronco
(tr-browsing) - MLife
1.3 L pot - very cheap & very light on 12/29/2012 08:39:05 MST Print View

Have you looked at a Stanco Grease Pot? (8 bucks)

http://end2endtrailsupply.com/Stanco_Greasepot.html

... also for a pillow I see you're looking for an exped, just an fyi about a graham medical flexair pillow (95 cents)

http://www.amazon.com/Graham-Professional-Medical-FlexAir-Pillow/dp/B004C2XI1A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1356795408&sr=8-1&keywords=graham+medical+flexair+pillow

Robsudac *
(robsudac) - F

Locale: Northern California
Exped pillow - sized Medium I believe on 12/29/2012 17:35:11 MST Print View

Brand new, factory direct from Exped. Email me at robsudac at gmail dot com if you are still interested. Cheers!

Backpack Jack
(jumpbackjack) - F - M

Locale: Armpit of California
Imusa mug lid on 12/31/2012 18:40:08 MST Print View

Sorry Cole,

I didn't click on the "Watch this thread" so I lost track.

I got the Titanium for the lid from Titanium Goat in sheets, it makes a great wind screen also. To cut the Titanium you just use scissors.

I haven't used the aluminum lid in the field yet, just tested it at home, same for the Titanium lid.

The Titanium lid weighs about 5 grams or less, my scale has a hard time weighing something that light, the aluminum doesn't even register.

I just finished both of them 2 weeks ago.

Here's Titanium Goats web page.

http://www.titaniumgoat.com/products.html

Glad to see you got everything you needed.

Jack

Edited by jumpbackjack on 12/31/2012 18:48:04 MST.

Harris Goldstein
(hmgolds) - F

Locale: Minnesota
Pot Lid on 12/31/2012 19:42:19 MST Print View

I made a lid from the foil pie plate that came with a store-bought pie. Had to eat most of the pie myself which pretty much negated any weight savings in the lid. :)

My lid, sized for the 1.25L IMUSA pot, weighs .2 oz. I've since found the .7L IMUSA pot, so I'll need to eat another pie. But that should save me .05oz on the lid. The .7L IMUSA pot itself weighs 2.6 oz on my scale.

On a slightly more serious note, another option I've thought about is the aluminum "pull" tops from cans of coffee.