Forum Index » GEAR » Disappointed in Mont-Bell

Display Avatars Sort By:
Sumi Wada
(DetroitTigerFan) - F

Locale: Ann Arbor
Re: I'm glad this generated insight... on 12/20/2012 09:53:44 MST Print View

>> I really do think - like my experiences with OR or REI - that MontBell sending me a jacket, putting a hold on my card and waiting to replace it would be the easiest thing to do.

OK... did you tell MontBell this, clearly tell them what you wanted? Sometimes people are disappointed when they call customer service with a problem and don't get the "offer" they were hoping for. Most companies, in my experience, would rather have you tell them what you want -- it's the surest way to a satisfied customer.

Edited by DetroitTigerFan on 12/20/2012 09:55:35 MST.

jimmy benson
(biggyshorty) - F
re on 12/20/2012 10:17:14 MST Print View

Yes, I clearly told them this, I offered this, they said it wasn't possible.

The tear is on the inside area, where the shock cord tightens for the waist. Its definitely a defect, not some kind of fragile issue.

Arapiles .
(Arapiles) - M

Locale: Melbourne
Re: re on 12/21/2012 04:18:13 MST Print View

..... By way of example, when I was in Japan earlier this year I bought a Mont Bell softshell. When I got back to Australia I realised that for some reason the cuffs did not have elastic in them. My wife emailed Mont Bell and they responded a day or so later that we could return the top, or since we were now back in Oz, we could have it fixed locally and they'd pay for it. I had it repaired by Remote Repairs (who do most of the warranty work in Australia) and they paid for it.

Ben 2 World
(ben2world) - MLife

Locale: So Cal
Re: Re: re on 12/21/2012 10:42:38 MST Print View

Don't get too hung up on "4 weeks". Sellers -- including MontBell -- often quote 'ridiculously long' turnaround time to cover themselves. Chances are good (although not guaranteed) you will receive your jacket much sooner. Report back.

As for reasonableness... I think it is quite unreasonable to expect MontBell to offer immediate exchanges -- sight unseen -- to anyone who calls in about a tear.

Edited by ben2world on 12/21/2012 10:43:35 MST.

Max Dilthey
(mdilthey) - M

Locale: MaxTheCyclist.wordpress.com
I agree. on 12/22/2012 23:49:12 MST Print View

The usefulness of immediate turn-around is why I sacrifice some selection to use Zappos.com. They ship out replacements with next-day shipping before asking you to send back the ripped item.

Charles P
(mediauras) - F

Locale: Terra
Re: Re: Re: re on 07/24/2013 12:35:06 MDT Print View

I just randomly dug up an old Montbell warranty thread so I could share a recent, and GREAT, experience. My alpine light parka had some stitching come undone in the chest area. Jacket about a year old, and bought from a retailer. I sent it in, wasn't sure what to expect, and about 10 days later had the jacket back and repaired. Pretty great service in my opinion. I wish they had a better return system (you don't log your return in anyway, just send it in blindly and hope it comes back), but it worked out well. I have a bunch of montbell products but this is the first I"ve had to send in, glad to know they back their stuff up.

Edited by mediauras on 07/24/2013 12:40:56 MDT.