Super Ultra Light "Off Set" Certificates
Display Avatars Sort By:
Bill Fornshell
(bfornshell) - MLife

Locale: Southern Texas
Super Ultra Light "Off Set" Certificates on 04/01/2007 09:18:01 MDT Print View

Super Ultra Light - "Off Set" - Certificates

I have decided to establish a "Non - Light" Agency for the support of Pack Weight Challenged Hikers (SUL- OS - NLWPWCH). If you think Non-Profit Organizations you are close. At this time I am the only person on the Pay Roll.

If you are packing a heavier gear list than you wish for and you can not get it lighter for any of a number of reasons you can now buy SUL "Off-Set" Certificates. They are available in amounts of One Ounce up to Sixteen Ounces. You can but as many Certificates as you need or have money for. When you carry the Certificates you can reduce you real pack weight by the amount of Off-Set Certificates you buy.

With the Off-Set Certificates you can talk about or post your gear list weight with the Off-Set amount factored into it.

When you buy SUL Off-Set Certificates I will hike X number of miles with a true SUL pack load in memory of your heavy pack. In true SUL fashion the SUL Off-Set Certificates are made of postage stamp size Cuben Fiber with the ounce weight pin stamped into the material.

SUL - OS - NLPWCH - AF07, LLC

Send "PM" for cost information.

kevin davidson
(kdesign) - F

Locale: Mythical State of Jefferson
Re: Super Ultra Light "Off Set" Certificates on 04/01/2007 09:40:08 MDT Print View

Love it, Bill.
You too can help people assuage their guilt for Global Pack Bloating.

Ryan Jordan
(ryan) - BPL Staff - MLife

Locale: Greater Yellowstone
Re: Re: Super Ultra Light "Off Set" Certificates on 04/01/2007 10:32:55 MDT Print View

I'll buy one for Glen Van Peski, that may get him off my back about the weight of his size Tall clothing.

Douglas Frick
(Otter) - MLife

Locale: Wyoming
Re: Re: Super Ultra Light "Off Set" Certificates on 04/01/2007 10:36:05 MDT Print View

I'm going to submit an expense voucher to my company for 15.0 oz worth of certificates for the satellite phone I carry.

Adam Rothermich
(aroth87) - F

Locale: Missouri Ozarks
Re: Super Ultra Light "Off Set" Certificates on 04/01/2007 11:06:06 MDT Print View

Do you have to carry the certificate with you, and if so do you have to add them into your base weight?
I actually did my lightest trip yet the other day. About 7.5 lbs base weight for an overnighter with rain in the forecast and a 2.2 lbs pack. Hopefully I'm not going to need to purchase any certificates.

Adam

Aaron Sorensen
(awsorensen) - MLife

Locale: South of Forester Pass
Re: Super Ultra Light "Off Set" Certificates on 04/01/2007 11:10:08 MDT Print View

Bill,
The amount charged should be the cost it would actually take to get down to that weight.

You more than anybody would be the one who knows.

That way when you have certificate it will be more legit and won't be like the commercial where the guy is talking sports out of his rear end.

Kirk Olson
(kirkols) - F

Locale: Florida and Seattle
Re: Super Ultra Light "Off Set" Certificates on 04/01/2007 15:22:52 MDT Print View

How about calling these BPL Indulgences?

Edited by kirkols on 04/01/2007 15:23:33 MDT.

Mark Larson
(mlarson) - MLife

Locale: Southeast USA
Re: Super Ultra Light "Off Set" Certificates on 04/01/2007 15:38:52 MDT Print View

Given current exchange rates, our UL friends in Great Britain, the EU, and elsewhere will come out well ahead of us folks in the USA. Confounded again!
-Mark

Paul Luther
(eredluin) - M

Locale: Northeast
Re: Re: Super Ultra Light "Off Set" Certificates on 04/01/2007 16:40:33 MDT Print View

Ah yes, the art of pack bloating. Is there a certificate for single malt scotch in a platy? :):):)
Paul

Adam Kilpatrick
(oysters) - MLife

Locale: South Australia
Re: Re: Re: Super Ultra Light "Off Set" Certificates on 04/01/2007 22:37:46 MDT Print View

Ill order 2009 of the single ounce ones. That should offset my current training pack weight so that it is SUL. It will make the experience so much more fun and enjoyable. I could stitch them together and make a tarp...

Glen Van Peski
(gvanpeski) - F - M

Locale: San Diego
Super Ultra Light "Off Set" Certificates on 04/02/2007 08:17:36 MDT Print View

Another instance of pure genius from Fornshell...

Now, I think there ought to be height offset certificates, that would be issued for the items on a gear list for the difference in weight between 'tall' sizes of sleeping bags, clothes, etc, and the 'regular' sizes that show up on the gear lists of more, umm, compact individuals like Ryan.

Bill Fornshell
(bfornshell) - MLife

Locale: Southern Texas
Super Ultra Light "Off Set" Certificates on 04/02/2007 08:54:28 MDT Print View

Thanks Glen for the nice comment.

What you are talking about is what I thought Ryan was buying for you.

I am working up his "Bill" for your "Off-Set" Certificate as I type. He should know better than to order something without asking for the cost first. I am about to charge his credit card and he might be in for in for a big surprise. Everyone knows how much SUL costs and I expect about a $100 an ounce is about close.

Edited by bfornshell on 04/02/2007 08:56:12 MDT.

Glen Van Peski
(gvanpeski) - F - M

Locale: San Diego
Re: Super Ultra Light "Off Set" Certificates on 04/02/2007 09:14:37 MDT Print View

Of course, in this case, Ryan's generosity makes this a moot point, but in general, I was thinking that, it's not the fault of tall people that they are tall, and there's really nothing they can do about it, so the tall version of the off-set certificates should be issued free, except for a small fee for processing, record keeping, documentation, etc.

Paul Wozniak
(PaulW)

Locale: Midwest
Re: Super Ultra Light "Off Set" Certificates on 04/02/2007 09:32:55 MDT Print View

OK Glen, in that case some of us who have reached a certain age are going to argue for horizontal offsets for the same, processing-only fee.

Oh Bill, another great plan destined to burn on the pyre of politics and special interests. If you get this proposal through please go to work on health care reform next.

kevin davidson
(kdesign) - F

Locale: Mythical State of Jefferson
Offset this on 04/02/2007 10:04:15 MDT Print View

Yes, age offsets in which we can pay for the health, stamina and looks of 20 year olds. Oh, yeah---the uber rich are already doing that.

Aux barricades!

Edited by kdesign on 04/02/2007 10:13:45 MDT.

Paul Wozniak
(PaulW)

Locale: Midwest
Re: Offset this on 04/02/2007 10:11:48 MDT Print View

And for all not of "Cuben" descent.

Aaron Sorensen
(awsorensen) - MLife

Locale: South of Forester Pass
Re: Re: Offset this on 04/02/2007 17:39:25 MDT Print View

OK Paul,
So are you implying that there should be a senior citizens discount? Maybe BPL needs to start selling health and life insurance in the same fashion that Bill is.

Then you can buy certificates that guarantee the ability to do a hike.

Certified BPL vacation days for those hikes to give to the boss would be nice too.

Edited by awsorensen on 04/02/2007 17:45:08 MDT.